mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Arpeggio : within an octave"

Posted on: September 07, 2011 @ 08:35 AM
maahou
Total Posts:  106
Joined  07-18-2011

Hi,

I’ve created via ‘put track to arpeggio’ in [pattern] mode an arpeggio for a normal Voice (piano).

Now when i use it in [performance] mode, and i press ‘C1’, my user arpeggio will play ‘C1’ & ‘C2’ every time of the measure, like wanted.

When i press ‘D1’, then its ‘D1’ and ‘D2’ which sounds. So, it’s ok.

At this time, when i press ‘C4’, then ‘C4’ and ‘C5’ will sound.

Now, i would like this thing to occur :
If i press ‘C2’, ‘C3’, ‘Cx...’ , then it’s always ‘C1’ & ‘C2’ which are playing. Even if i press ‘C3’, then it would be ‘C1’ & ‘C2’ that i will hear.  I would like the first note staying in octave ‘1’, and the other note keeping in octave ‘2’ wherever i press a key on keyboard.

Could you help?

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

When you put the track to the arpeggio, mame sure to use “fixed notes” instead of “original notes”. This is the same way drum arpeggios are created: those will always use the same (fixed) notes, no matter which note you press. Just consider that this arpeggio won’t transpose and you’ll never get it to play D1, D2 IF you press D4, for example.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 07:54 AM
maahou
Joined  07-18-2011

MarPabl,thanks for the reply.

But, my goal is to be able if i press any key (A3,B5,C0,Dx..) then the arpeggio will transpose it to octave 1 (A1 & A2 (if A3) ,B1 & B2 (if B5), C1 & C2, D1 & D2 , etc...). I think that if i use ‘fixed’ then only C1&C2;will always play.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
maahou
Joined  07-18-2011

Hi,

is my question not understandable , or no one knows how to do ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2011 @ 12:20 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not understandable (at least on my part).

But maybe this will help:
“FIXED NOTE” and “ORG NOTE” are the same except that “ORG NOTE” transposes according to the ROOT note played.

There are only these options: Transpose or not Transpose.

[ Ignore ]