mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "moving arps from ES to Cubase 4.5 Mac"

Posted on: December 10, 2010 @ 03:02 PM
azureblue
Total Posts:  10
Joined  08-20-2009

The problem:
It’s a real PITA to move the arpeggios from the ES to Cubase 4.5, to use the ES as a midi device driven by Cubase (on a Mac). Most of the time, the complicated process is unsuccessful or it takes too long to do. It would be great to be able to load them into Cubase directly from a computer file, independent of the patches, either individually or en masse, into my Mac, to call up and use as needed.

That way, I don’t have to stop what I’m doing to move the arpeggio from the ES to Cubase - I could simply go to a file, pick the one I want to use and drop it into Cubase, and then select the appropriate sound patch on the ES.

Are the arpeggios themselves available somewhere on line, or are there third party arpeggios, that I can D/L to my computer and drop into the Cubase midi tracks to drive the ES?

I see there is a XS arp manager, and I gather it is for PC only. I think it will work for an ES, too.

So

First question:
When they say “coming soon for Mac: Does that mean within my lifetime or like maybe by next Christmas? Or maybe the first of 2011?

I have an old PC laptop, I suppose I could buy the PC arp SW and put it on the laptop, then hassle with plugging the ES into the PC, doing the arp work, then networking the PC to the Mac and moving the arp files over so I can drop them into Cubase Mac.

Anybody got any suggestions, advice, etc.?

Thanks

R

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2010 @ 04:25 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The arpeggiator in Cubase can’t use the arpeggios the same way the Motif can. The Motif arpeggiator is actually a four-track sequencer that can do a lot more than just play notes for you, it can store the following events: Note, Pitch Bend, Control Change, Program Change, Channel Aftertouch, Poly Aftertouch, RPN, NRPN and System Exclusive!!!!

So what I think you want to do won’t actually work.

As far as the Arp Editor, my best guess is there will never be a Mac version, that “pending” quote goes back three years.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
azureblue
Total Posts:  10
Joined  08-20-2009

so can I use the arp software to move the arpeggios, and will they play back like they do inside” the “ES?

I have the pdf “MOTIF-RACK ES Recording the Arpeggio Data via MIDI
to Cubase” and “Phrase factory”. Are you saying these are incorrect?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2010 @ 03:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

See your other post. You have misunderstood the article completely.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HELP! URGENT!
Next Topic:

A question on creating your own Arpeggiators. Read Please! ››