mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "wav.file and release wav.file."

Posted on: November 27, 2010 @ 08:35 PM
hammondcuni
Total Posts:  55
Joined  12-28-2003

Hope I can explain my question. I have sampled an organ sound that requires the original “release” to be sampled so that it can sound the same.  Using samplerobot I accomplished this. The sample is a wav. file for each key or note plus a file for each release. Example: c#1 wav. c#1 wav. release. This is done for all my keys. The program that is set up to keymap this is called Dimension LE. Plays perfect all I do is export to this program from sample robot and done. But not a practical set up for me live. Laptop,interface, keyboard controller etc. I want to try and load these files into the XF. I already did this at Guitar Center yesterday with the instructions I got from BadMister and it worked perfect except the release files. Is there any possible way to have these files mapped into XF so that each note can play with release?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2010 @ 04:21 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What is a release file?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
hammondcuni
Joined  12-28-2003

The samplerobot program samples the note, in this case an organ sound, when the key is released it creates a seperate wav.file to capture the release “sustain” effect of this organ which is a Hammond B200.
Then it is automatically mapped into Dimension LE soft synth. Loading just the wav. files by themselves and adding release to notes is not sounding as with original release from this vintage organ. As I mentioned, I accomplished this but am having to play it through software. Need it on a workstation and given the flash capabilities of the XF I would buy 2 in a heartbeat if I could accomplish this.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2010 @ 03:08 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not sure if I got the answer - ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2010 @ 11:07 AM
John Melas
Total Posts:  271
Joined  10-31-2002

I believe what you asking for is being able to trigger the “release file” when you release a key (on key off). This is not supported by the Motif XS/XF in Sampling Mode (there is no such Keybank parameter) but this is perfectly doable from Voice Mode.

Create a new Voice and select your “release file” as a Waveform for an Element. Be sure to change the “XA Control” parameter of the Element to “Key off sound”. Now when you release the key you will be hearing that “release file”!

Hope this helps!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2010 @ 02:15 AM
hammondcuni
Joined  12-28-2003

John so I would then layer the actual organ sound on top of the release voice? Then play like a layered sound? Also what Motifs can do this? XF& XS?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2010 @ 09:55 AM
John Melas
Total Posts:  271
Joined  10-31-2002

Exactly. The normal organ sound should be in a different Voice Element with “XA Control” = “normal”.
Yamaha already uses this trick to some piano and harpsichord presets like PRE1:001 and PRE1:082 which you can check.

The “XA Control” feature is available in all XS series synths (XF, XS, S90 XS/S70 XS, Rack XS).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ wav. samples into XF
Next Topic:

Loading Save All gives 2 octaves up ››