mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sonar Instrument definition with PLG150-VL in Motif Rack ES"

Posted on: October 07, 2010 @ 12:25 PM
DaveSchuler
Total Posts:  35
Joined  02-29-2008

I have a Motif Rack ES with a PLG150-VL in slot 1.  I’m using the Yamaha USB/MIDI driver.  My DAW is Sonar 8.5 PE.

I have an instrument definition file for the Motif Rack ES that works well to call up any voice (PLG voices included) when the Motif Rack ES is in Voice mode and everything is accessed via USB MIDI port 1. 

But when the Motif Rack ES is in Multi mode and the PLG150-VL is accessed via port 2 I can’t call up the PLG150-VL’s Preset Voice banks.  Instead it seems that I am getting the raw Card voice banks when I select the same Bank and Patch numbers that give me the Preset Voices when the Motif Rack ES is in Voice mode.  I am able to call up the card’s User Voice bank when the Motif Rack ES is in Multi mode.

I was digging through the Motif Rack ES and PLG150-VL manuals for a couple of hours last night, and I couldn’t find anything about a different Bank Select method for Voice Mode vs. Multi Mode.  One rather confusing thing that I found was that the Rack ES midi data table indicates that there three PLG Preset Voice Banks, with each one containing 64 patches.  But the PLG150-VL voice data table shows just two Preset banks… each containing 128 patches.

Can anyone here help me understand what’s going on?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2010 @ 01:31 PM
DaveSchuler
Total Posts:  35
Joined  02-29-2008

Bad_Mister answered this question here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/451327/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ WTB: PLG150-AP
Next Topic:

PLG150-AN envelopes fail ››