mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can I just get an expresscard with firewire to connect to a laptop?"

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 03:05 PM
heehee62
Total Posts:  47
Joined  06-14-2008

I just bought a Samsung R580 laptop that does not have firewire but does have an expresscard 34 slot that I can use to add firewire.

I’m only using Cubase AI4 and Siebelius 6 for making music. 

Is the firewire card going to allow me to connect my Motif XS8 to my computer and make music using the above programs?

Is there a specific brand of firewire card I need in order to get it to work or will any one do.

Someone thought that if I don’t have the Texas Instrument firewire connection on my laptop I won’t be able to make music.  I assume though that maybe that’s for more professional stuff than I’m doing but wanted to check before I buy my firewire card.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2010 @ 11:52 PM
heehee62
Total Posts:  47
Joined  06-14-2008

Since I hadn’t gotten any replies, I emailed yamaha directly.  They said they hadn’t heard any complaints and believe that any expresscard will work.

So I’m going to get one probably within the next couple months.  If it doesn’t work, I’ll post here again just to let everyone know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha KX49 Editor ??
Next Topic:

Famous Producers who work with the Yamaha Motif ››