mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with studio set up"

Posted on: April 01, 2010 @ 12:26 PM
MariaLua
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-01-2010

Hi all

Firstly can I say that this motifator site (particularly the forums) has provided life-saving solutions to some of the up hill learning curve (battle!) I’ve had with getting to know my Motif XS 7. Thanks!!

But I’m faced with quite a unique puzzle and can’t seem to find answers anywhere. Basically I need to complete my home studio. I’ve got money to invest, but I want it to be a wise and long-term investment, and whatever new kit I bring in should be able to integrate well with existing kit.

So this is what I currently have:
Motif XS 7
Sony Vaio laptop
Sure dynamic mic

that’s it! I’m a singer\keyboardist\songwriter\guitar and bass player (but not all at the same time!) so need some way of being able to record and compose songs on my laptop, via some sort of audio interface and using some sort of DAW (probably Cubase)

I’ve been using recording software for years (Audition, FL Studio) so am not completely new in this field. I have also been using my motif for over a year (seriously) so am starting to know my way around. What I struggle with is how the audio interface integrates with the PC and the motif. So I need something simple and plug-and-play-ish (nothing for uber gurus!)

So does anyone have any suggestions on a good set up? And on what I need to invest in? I don’t necessarity want to record millions of tracks at the same time, but 2-3 would be nice. I do want Mic preamps in case i end up using a condensor mic. And Midi is a must…

Help please?

Many thanks in advance
Maria Lua

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2010 @ 12:01 AM
Kingfrog
Total Posts:  123
Joined  02-15-2009
MariaLua - 01 April 2010 12:26 PM

Hi all

Firstly can I say that this motifator site (particularly the forums) has provided life-saving solutions to some of the up hill learning curve (battle!) I’ve had with getting to know my Motif XS 7. Thanks!!

But I’m faced with quite a unique puzzle and can’t seem to find answers anywhere. Basically I need to complete my home studio. I’ve got money to invest, but I want it to be a wise and long-term investment, and whatever new kit I bring in should be able to integrate well with existing kit.

So this is what I currently have:
Motif XS 7
Sony Vaio laptop
Sure dynamic mic

that’s it! I’m a singer\keyboardist\songwriter\guitar and bass player (but not all at the same time!) so need some way of being able to record and compose songs on my laptop, via some sort of audio interface and using some sort of DAW (probably Cubase)

I’ve been using recording software for years (Audition, FL Studio) so am not completely new in this field. I have also been using my motif for over a year (seriously) so am starting to know my way around. What I struggle with is how the audio interface integrates with the PC and the motif. So I need something simple and plug-and-play-ish (nothing for uber gurus!)

So does anyone have any suggestions on a good set up? And on what I need to invest in? I don’t necessarity want to record millions of tracks at the same time, but 2-3 would be nice. I do want Mic preamps in case i end up using a condensor mic. And Midi is a must…

Help please?

Many thanks in advance
Maria Lua

Buy Sonar LE....It is a great program and no nerve racking copy protection schemes like special software planted in your computer or a USB Key stealing a precious USB slot. ESPECIALLY on a laptop…
Firewire is out as well because you need Texas Instrument chips otherwise you may have issues.

But wait!! You need an interface. Buy the Cakewalk UA25-EX. It comes with Sonar LE and does MIDI and AUDIO, has a couple pre amps and phantom power for a condenser mike (also has a compression circuit).  It is USB which is more than enough for two track at a time recording.

You will find Sonar LE far more complete than Cubase AI as far as features and the support is far better as well. Cakewalk has their name on their interface (made by Roland who owns Cakewalk now) If or When you call with an issue you won’t get the “call Yamaha” from Steinberg thing. Cakewalk will support the hardware and the software on one call.

The UA is simple but very good quality....Your monitors should be attached to the Interface. Pick up a pair of Behringer B2031As for great price point monitors.

Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 2nd synth after motif
Next Topic:

XS8 with 01x ››