mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help!  PLG100DX"

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
Sérgio Ricardo
Total Posts:  47
Joined  10-08-2006

One urgent question:
The PLG100DX works with Motif ES???
If yes, is there any disadvantage in using it in the Motif instead PLG150DX?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 01:39 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Yes, the PLG100DX will work with the Motif ES. I believe the major difference between the PLG100DX and the PLG150DX is that the latter has user memory banks, such that you can tweak voices and save them in non-volatile memory on the PLG board - they have to be reloaded each time your power cycle the instrument. See also this thread from the archives.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 02:49 PM
Sérgio Ricardo
Joined  10-08-2006

Thanks for your answer.

But do you can to explain me better about this words from Bad_Mister?
“The PLG100-DX will not be able to play all the Presets designed for Modular Synthesis Plug-in System products (MSPS products include the S-series, the CS-series, the Motif series).”
Is there sounds what I don’t can to access?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 03:16 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

I believe, the presets BM mentions are voices that were designed to take advantage of the effects processing of the host instrument (in your case the Motif Classic). The programming for these voices is stored in the host instrument’s internal memory and apparently cannot be automatically loaded into the PLG100 series boards. So, yes, I believe that some of the finished voices that are available for the PLG150-DX will not be available to you with a PLG100-DX.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 10:30 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
Sérgio Ricardo - 14 April 2009 02:49 PM

Thanks for your answer.

But do you can to explain me better about this words from Bad_Mister?
“The PLG100-DX will not be able to play all the Presets designed for Modular Synthesis Plug-in System products (MSPS products include the S-series, the CS-series, the Motif series).”
Is there sounds what I don’t can to access?

I suppose that you have cheaper offer for PLG100DX. But, be aware, cheaper does not mean every time the best. I have PLG150DX and it’s amazing to have original DX7 under your fingers and to improve FM voices with Motif effect processor.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 05:02 PM
Sérgio Ricardo
Joined  10-08-2006

Here in Brazil is very very very difficult to find the plg150dx. Yamaha not send to Brazil. In this case, I bought plg100dx by e-bay and not yet reached.
Other question:
I just know the bank 35/000 is lonely(plg100dx) and is a RAM (loadable) Board Voice bank.
So…
will I need to take my laptop for transmitting messages sysex to bank 35/000 for where I go with my Motif es? There is no other way? Midi dump? How I to do this? When I send the sounds to Motif, I’ll have always to reconfigure the effects?

Thanks for answers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 04:30 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
Sérgio Ricardo - 15 April 2009 05:02 PM

Here in Brazil is very very very difficult to find the plg150dx. Yamaha not send to Brazil. In this case, I bought plg100dx by e-bay and not yet reached.
Other question:
I just know the bank 35/000 is lonely(plg100dx) and is a RAM (loadable) Board Voice bank.
So…
will I need to take my laptop for transmitting messages sysex to bank 35/000 for where I go with my Motif es? There is no other way? Midi dump? How I to do this? When I send the sounds to Motif, I’ll have always to reconfigure the effects?

Thanks for answers.

The same dificulty for buying DX board is in Serbia, since USA sites usually does not have offer to send plug-in boards out of USA. But, I have ordered mine DX from local distributor. Only problem is that I had to wait almost 1.5 month to obtain it!
Board voice bank could be loaded through DX Simulator software.
This voices are Board voices, so that mean you could create new FM voice, but without Motif effects. In order to put them through Motif effect processor, they should be loaded to PLGxUSR bank (where x is slot where the board is installed).
After that you should save your voices to ALL file and after loading all is there including effects. To load board voices, you should save them as PluginAllBulkX, where X is slot 1,2,or 3.
The best thing is to make AUTOLOAD and AUTOLDx files (x is slot number again, depending where your board is).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Band-in-a-Box with PLG150VL
Next Topic:

PLG150 Card - Sold ››