mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trasfering Info from MO8 to Motif XS"

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 10:14 PM
DebbieBurget
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-29-2009

I own a MO8 and play in our churches worship band.  The church currently owns a Yamaha S08 and is upgrading to a Motif XS, which should arrive this next week.  I’ve been using my MO8 at church since I like it a lot more then the S08. 

There are some things I’ve programmed in the Performance Mode on the MO8… specific voice combinations we use for particular songs we do.  Will I be able to transfer by USB that info to the Motif XS?  Or will I need to reprogam those kinds of things into the Motif?

There will not be access to the Motif during the week, only during practice and performance times, since our church currently meets at a rented facility that is used during the week.

Please let me know if I need to clarify my question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 09:35 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

The XS will load Motif ES sounds, but the manual makes no mention of earlier models. Unless someone knows differently, I suspect that it will not load your MO8 data.

That said, you should be able to recreate the performances on the XS with a little time and effort. If you explain to your people that you have some sounds you need to transfer over then hopefully you can get some extra time to familiarise yourself with the basics of the XS and port your sounds across.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 11:58 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Actually, if you save your MO voices in ALL VOICE files, you can load these into the Motif XS as the MO and Motif ES have the same file format and file naming conventions for ALL VOICE files.

As far as I know, your MO performances would have to be recreated manually in the Motif XS.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Dimm memory error?
Next Topic:

What are compatible USB flash drives for MOTIF XS? ››