mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Entering Pitch Bend Messages"

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 05:58 PM
Octaveman
Total Posts:  311
Joined  12-17-2005

Hi All

Whew!

This site is a real change and will take some time getting used to. I do however, have faith in the Motifator crew and believe that they have something that will in the long run be extremely more beneficial for us than what we had in the past.

So....

I want to hear from anyone who has experience in entering “pitch bend” channel messages.

I was listening to 01: R&B;Smooth, in Pattern Mode on my MO8, and on track #6 - Section A, there’s a short but very cool guitar riff that utilizes “pitch bend “ channel messages in a way I’d like to use in my projects.

I went to F4 ("Patch") and then scrolled to User:006. From there I pressed the “Edit” button, where I observed the Pitch Bend (PB) messages.

I want to learn how to “manually” enter these changes on my own in order to enter very precise edits of these type of messages to the data that I record.

Is this possible?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

I will be experimenting on my on, so if I come across any useful information before I get a reply I’ll be sure to post it.

Thanks everyone!

Octaveman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 06:57 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002
Octaveman - 26 February 2009 05:58 PM

...I observed the Pitch Bend (PB) messages.

I want to learn how to “manually” enter these changes on my own in order to enter very precise edits of these type of messages to the data that I record.

Is this possible?

Of course… you can manually insert (and delete) pitchbend commands - in the edit mode that you used to examine the songs in question.

You can also use the “Create Continuous Data” job (see page 202 of the Motif XS Owner’s Manual) to insert a series of pitchbend commands into a song track.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO6/8 out of production
Next Topic:

MO6/8 Cubase ---- Script file????? ››