mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editing note in Song Mode"

Posted on: August 01, 2021 @ 11:08 PM
alexanderthegreat
Total Posts:  10
Joined  07-11-2019

So I’m looking for a better way to edit my notes in song mode. i don’t know how to play the piano so I play by ear. My question is if there is a edit option to edit the notes on each track using the wheel while being able to see the actual notes? I know theres a option to edit them by manually changing the measure, beat, clock, note, gate and vel. but I can’t see what I’m doing if that makes sense. In my Roland Fantom theres an edit option to edit the notes and a piano roll appears (see picture) where you can see all of the notes you have recorded on each track. You can and edit all the different parameters while seeing them. Do i make any sense to you guys? I’m hoping to find a way to edit my notes as I have had big success doing this way on the Roland Fantom. Thanks in advance.

Image Attachments
Screenshot_20210801-222152_Instagram.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2021 @ 11:44 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

There really isn’t a step edit mode that you may be looking for.  The option of going into “edit” and manipulating clock, vel, etc is prob the closest.  Of course, using certain DAW’s can give you more freedom.  While FL studio is not recognized as a motif specific DAW, I find that it works seamlessy to accomplish what believe you’re trying to do.

Good luck and keep plugging away.  Also, try an advanced search on this forum and be tailed with search parameters. 

Hope you get some success

Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2021 @ 01:10 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

I believe you’re describing a graphical “piano-roll” editor in the Motif. It does not have one. (It’s my understanding the Fantom has it; as do DAWs.) In the XF, the notes can be edited in a list editor. The list editor lists the note event associated with its location in musical time (beats, etc....)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2021 @ 02:45 PM
alexanderthegreat
Total Posts:  10
Joined  07-11-2019

Good luck and keep plugging away.  Also, try an advanced search on this forum and be tailed with search parameters. 

Hope you get some success

Rich

Thanks. I’ve been searching on Google and seen some videos using a midi editor software. Cubase seems to have that ability, but I’m wondering if I can edit the midi notes to my liking on it. I currently use protools 10. Idk if protools has a midi editor like cubase. For those who have experience with either or, which one is more user friendly?

Not to change subjects but I’m trying to load wav files to a track on song mode from flash memory, does anybody know how to do it? I’ve looked and looked but can not find anything to show me how. I have already loaded the wav files to the flash memory from USB but can’t load the sounds from the flash memory to a track. Any input is greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2021 @ 08:46 AM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

Use Motif Integrated Sampling Sequencer (ISS) to record the wav to a track.  You can select the song track in ISS during the wav recording process.

The Reference manual has the procedure.

The Midi Event Editor on the Motif is visual.  Bring up the editor., If you know what measure and the note(s) you want to change are in then go to that measure you can ‘see’ which notes are being played for example C#, F,F, G, etc.  scroll to the note(s) you want to change and then play the note you want it to be, and hit enter for the change to be permanent.

Even if you have a graphical piano roll, or graphical score you will have to know which measure and beat the note is on in order to change it.

In the Motif Event editor if you scroll through the notes you can hear them.  You would have to do the same thing on a piano roll or graphical score.  You would have to listen for the wrong note, and when you see it on the piano roll change it.  The Midi Event list in the Motif is Text based, but you can still ‘see’ which notes are being played and change the notes by simply highlighting the wrong note, and then playing the correct one.

If editing Midi is something that you do often, I would suggest you take about 1/2 hour learn how to a midi event list.  It will be well worth the time investment, because it will allow you to change your notes without involving a computer. Especially if you have other things you have to do to the song on the Motif.  Its also the fastest way to make changes to notes, note durations etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Play Entire Sample Assigned to a Key?
Next Topic:

Help with flash memory ››