mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to create user-ARP with an accent phrase?"

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 01:15 AM
pokerface
Total Posts:  48
Joined  03-26-2012

Hello :-)
Using existing ARPs which have an accent phrase included, that’s a good thing. But how about to create a user-apr which can do that.
How can I create an accent phrase within my user-arp?

Is there a tutorial out there about creating user-arps, which could help about those questions (not just the basics)?
P.S.  I do read manuals

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 07:50 AM
pokerface
Total Posts:  48
Joined  03-26-2012

German forum is to hold that:
There are preset-arps which are more powerful programmed than user-arps ever can be.
The factory-programming is different to what users can do.
Is this right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2021 @ 12:30 AM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

Was this ever answered? 

I want to know how to create a “accent phrase” for some of my user defined ARPs.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2021 @ 09:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
lastmonk - 12 May 2021 12:30 AM

Was this ever answered? 

I want to know how to create a “accent phrase” for some of my user defined ARPs.....

I believe this thread will address the above:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/467843/

However, there certainly are ways to add velocity-triggered sounds independent of Arps. If you’d like to discuss that, please give examples of what type of sounds (drum?) and which modes they’d be used in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2021 @ 10:07 PM
lastmonk
Joined  12-17-2013

Thanx so much 5pinDIN I’ve been ransacking the Internet looking for this., I searched Motivator first.  Maybe I used the wrong keywords.  I found several informative discussions, but this post I didn’t see.  This totally answers my question.

Yes, I actually know how to create Zone/Velocity triggered ARPS.  But thanx very much for the offer.

What I wanted was a way to control the Accent Vel Threshold, and how to access the Accent Phrase, and modify existing Accent Phrases, substitute them for my own, and use them in conjunction with my own User Arps

I have a layered drum thing going on, and I was going to mess around with two different Accent Phrases, 1 on the first drum voice, one on the 2nd drum(copy of the first) voice, and I wanted two different Accent Vel Thresholds active at the same time that I could experiment with in real time.  I have a couple of ways of setting up velocity sensitive arpeggios, but the Accent Vel Threshold Parm was just convenient while working out some stuff in an ensemble context.

So thanks much for your post.  CLEARLY I need to step my Motifator search game up!!!

So the Accent Vel Threshold Parm and the RandomSFX parm are really there to access functionality of legacy arpeggios LOL!

Its all good., there’s alway more than one way to skin a cat (sry cat lovers)......

Thanx Again 5pinDIN!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2021 @ 12:17 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
lastmonk - 12 May 2021 10:07 PM

Thanx so much 5pinDIN I’ve been ransacking the Internet looking for this., I searched Motivator first.  Maybe I used the wrong keywords.  I found several informative discussions, but this post I didn’t see.  This totally answers my question.[...]

You’re welcome - I’m glad that resolves the issue for you.

For those interested in a means of adding an Accent sound to a Part in a Mixing, I’ve created a demonstration. Attached is AccentDemoU4H16Sng64.n3.X3A.zip. The unzipped “All” file is mostly initialized, other than User4 Voice H16 ("Crash Accent") and Song 64 ("Accent Demo 5pinDIN"). If you want to try out this approach, I suggest not loading as an “All” file, but just load User4-H16 in the file to that location in your XF, and load Song 64 to an unused Song location.

The “Crash Accent” Voice has a crash cymbal set up to play only on keys E2 and below, when key velocity exceeds 100. Pitch Key Follow is set to +0% so that the pitch doesn’t change with different keys. By itself the Voice isn’t much use. However…

The Mixing for Song “Accent Demo 5pinDIN” has Part 1 set up for a piano Arp when any keys are played. Part 2 is assigned to the User4-H16 “Crash Accent” Voice, and the Receive Channel is set to 1, the same as the piano Part.

When Part 1 is selected and played the Arp will be heard by itself, unless keys from E2 and below are struck with sufficient velocity, in which case the crash cymbal will sound as the Arp initially restarts.

The above is just a basic concept, so have fun and experiment.  :-)

File Attachments
AccentDemoU4H16Sng64.n3.X3A.zip  (File Size: 205KB - Downloads: 267)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2021 @ 03:25 PM
lastmonk
Joined  12-17-2013

Wow, this kewl, I’ve downloaded the zip.  Gonna check it out.  It looks very similar to stuff I’m messing with., but it appears to have a few zips and zags that I’m not using.  Yes, yes, there is a lot of fun to be had here.

The mixvoice capability, the element and XA cntrl, and the velocity stuff that can be done on the Motif is literally breath taking.....  The most modern rendition of the whole AWM2 engine , the possibilities, and flexibility are just stunning.

So much rigamarole has gone into comparing the Motif and other AWM2 engine based synths to this analog synth and that analog synth, or such and such’s competitor’s synth feature set, that the incredible synthesis capability on Motif and AWM2 often goes unheralded.

I wouldn’t trade my Motif for any other synthesizer out there (bar none) I’m gonna stay with the AWM2 Synthesis engine until the wheels fall off.  I’m planning to add the Montage to my gear, I’m making physical room for it in my little studio now.  Because it is now truly in the family of the Motif line, I’m gonna make sure that I have one as insurance policy in my investment in all things AWM2!

The Mix Voice, Element level Programmability, the XA Cntrl, Velocity Parameters, Control Arps, CTLSET matrix possibilities, and the ISS make for some of the most compelling synthesis, sound sculpting and shaping opportunities available today.  I’m having a ball!!!

Thanx 5pinDIN!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2021 @ 12:15 AM
doules9
Total Posts:  1
Joined  06-02-2021

Kravitz’s comment has received more than 1,360 likes while her Instagram post overall has received more than 396,840 likes as of Sunday evening.

travelers insurance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2023 @ 10:15 AM
lastmonk
Joined  12-17-2013

Coming back to this after years I’m thinking that system exclusive messages added to the track prior to convert track to ARP, if properly programmed will probably allow you to program accent phrase we do have access to midi parameters in the data list.

ARP Accent Velocity Threshold
ARP Accent Start Quantize
ARP Octave Range
ARP Output Octave Shift
ARP Trigger Mode
ARP Random SFX
ARP Random SFX Key On Control

My original need for this feature has evolved.  And is somewhat advanced so I won’t go into here.  But I am throwing this out in case someone else is trying to accomplish the use of Accent Phrase and Random SFX in their own user arps.  This is a sufficiently involved approach and should only even be considered by folks who are very experienced with midi event programming especially system exclusive messages RPN, NRPN, etc

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern Mode Effects!! Please Help!!!!
Next Topic:

Wav, Sequence, FL1 ››