mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Has anyone recorded a crescendo and decrescendo on Garageband’s song?"

Posted on: February 15, 2020 @ 07:24 AM
stevepappas452
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-03-2020

I am using Garageband since a long time. I want the sound to be decreased and increased without me modifying it, on a song I recorded on GB. Is there a solution to this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2020 @ 05:17 AM
Hank_Buchek
Total Posts:  54
Joined  12-02-2013

Hi,

maybe this thread in a specific forum helps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GarageBand/comments/6lj4su/crescendo/

Best wishes,
Hank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2020 @ 06:03 PM
Felainum1977
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-30-2020

The display main track option will help you to automate the process of increasing and decreasing the volume on your tracks. You can enable it in the song’s menu.

I was using Garageband on my windows with some method I found online. But that doesn’t work any longer. Do you know if there is some other way?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2020 @ 10:21 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
stevepappas452 - 15 February 2020 07:24 AM

I am using Garageband since a long time. I want the sound to be decreased and increased without me modifying it, on a song I recorded on GB. Is there a solution to this?

As already mentioned by Felainum1977, you should be using automation if you want to increase or decrease the level of your audio without actually modifying the audio itself.

To use automation in Garageband, press ‘A’ on your qwerty keyboard and it will show you the automation lane on each track. If you don’t want to use ‘A’ the automation lane is also accessible from the Mix menu.

You can then draw in your automation however you like using a variety of tools.  During playback, the fader for the track you have been working on will follow the automation you drew in, and the volume changes made by that automation will be heard, and heard in any mix you export when you’re finally done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2020 @ 04:19 AM
stevepappas452
Joined  02-03-2020
Hank_Buchek - 18 February 2020 05:17 AM

Hi,

maybe this thread in a specific forum helps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GarageBand/comments/6lj4su/crescendo/

Best wishes,
Hank

Thanks Mate

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2020 @ 04:20 AM
stevepappas452
Joined  02-03-2020
philwoodmusic - 24 February 2020 10:21 PM
stevepappas452 - 15 February 2020 07:24 AM

As already mentioned by Felainum1977, you should be using automation if you want to increase or decrease the level of your audio without actually modifying the audio itself.

To use automation in Garageband, press ‘A’ on your qwerty keyboard and it will show you the automation lane on each track. If you don’t want to use ‘A’ the automation lane is also accessible from the Mix menu.

You can then draw in your automation however you like using a variety of tools.  During playback, the fader for the track you have been working on will follow the automation you drew in, and the volume changes made by that automation will be heard, and heard in any mix you export when you’re finally done.

Okay ! I will check it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2020 @ 04:26 AM
stevepappas452
Joined  02-03-2020
Felainum1977 - 24 February 2020 06:03 PM

The display main track option will help you to automate the process of increasing and decreasing the volume on your tracks. You can enable it in the song’s menu.

I was using Garageband on my windows with some method I found online. But that doesn’t work any longer. Do you know if there is some other way?

Thanks @Felainum1977, I will try it.
For WIndows, You can use Vmware application Or Virtual Box Application. Both are Free and Easily available on internet to download. I found this guide on internet here where steps are well explained. Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2020 @ 02:02 AM
adjessica
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-19-2020
stevepappas452 - 25 February 2020 04:26 AM
Felainum1977 - 24 February 2020 06:03 PM

Thanks @Felainum1977, I will try it.
For WIndows, You can use Vmware application Or Virtual Box Application. Both are Free and Easily available on internet to download. I found this guide on internet here where steps are well explained. Cheers!

Garageband is available for Windows?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2020 @ 03:43 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

This may be of some help.

https://garagebandforpc.org

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2020 @ 05:35 PM
davis1296q
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-05-2020
philwoodmusic - 17 May 2020 03:43 AM

Garageband is also available for windows? Oh! I am using Audacity. I thought garageband isn’t available.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2022 @ 01:53 AM
stevepappas452
Joined  02-03-2020
davis1296q - 08 July 2020 05:35 PM
philwoodmusic - 17 May 2020 03:43 AM

Garageband is also available for windows? Oh! I am using Audacity. I thought garageband isn’t available.

Garageband is available for windows. You need to use any third party application to create virtual macOS environment.

Moreover, I’m thinking to upgrade my setup and purchase a new monitor specially for music production.

I am thinking to go with LG 22MK430H-B monitor because my budget is around 200$.

Do you guys have any other suggestions for it? It would be appriciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG AP
Next Topic:

KURZWEIL MICROPIANO ››