mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 2003 model used with logic x 10.4.8"

Posted on: December 18, 2019 @ 08:25 AM
ballademaker
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-18-2019

I am to get a soundcard audio kontrol mk2 6 from Native it has usb and standard midi ports , when i load up my motif 7 and connect it to the soundcard i can hear the sounds in audio and make a audio track in logic x 10.4.8 right?  can i use the midi edit part also in logic x 10.4.8 to work with midi from motif 7 ?  is there a driver issue i have to now here?  thanks for clear up, my main station in my studio is my logic x 10.4.8 where i produce everything i do. 

regards from Ballademaker Norway

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2019 @ 08:09 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi ballademaker,

You certainly can edit the MIDI from your Motif, and you need to use external MIDI tracks in Logic to do so.

MIDI connection:

You can either use USB MIDI between your Motif and your Mac, or connect your Motif (via 5 pin DIN MIDI) to the MIDI jacks on the rear of the Audio Kontrol.

Because I don’t have a Motif Classic, I don’t know if there’s a USB MIDI driver issue, but the 5 pin DIN way will certainly work.

Hearing your Motif’s audio:

You can plug your Motif’s left and right analog outputs directly into the audio inputs of your Audio Kontrol and create a Stereo Audio Track in Logic, with input monitoring enabled, in order to hear it

You can also record your Motif as audio this way, later on, if you like.

You need to do both of the above so that you have a MIDI connection AND an audio connection at the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2019 @ 06:49 AM
ballademaker
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-18-2019

Thanks, just wonder- the internal seaqencer can not record a perform?  in user mode i have find 5 6 favourite , i have to use my daw to record those perform?

what actually can i record with the internal seaqencer?  i see a place call song and pattern, in pattern mode, can i add several instruments in several channels? in midi or in audio also?  Can you explain my possibilities and limits here thanks.  By the way the sound quality is suprizing good, still its from 2003.  Thanks for reply back to me, I work on my motif 7 now and learn bit by bot, but the seaqencer is confusing .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2019 @ 08:30 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ballademaker - 27 December 2019 06:49 AM

[...]

what actually can i record with the internal seaqencer?  i see a place call song and pattern, in pattern mode, can i add several instruments in several channels? in midi or in audio also?  Can you explain my possibilities and limits here thanks.  By the way the sound quality is suprizing good, still its from 2003.  Thanks for reply back to me, I work on my motif 7 now and learn bit by bot, but the seaqencer is confusing .

Based on what you have posted, it seems that you got the Motif7 recently. Do you have the Owner’s Manual? If not, a PDF version and other manuals for it can be downloaded here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/music_production/downloads/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=music_production&k=motif7
If you are new to the Motif7…
I suggest at this time that you get only the Owner’s Manual. As you learn more, the other manuals will likely be useful.

In order to get an idea of what the sequencer in the Classic Motifs can do, please play the Song Demos. Pages 77-78 of the Owner’s Manual explain how to do that.

Performances can be copied to the sequencer. Up to 16 tracks can be recorded per Song or Pattern. This may provide some information:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_mode_definitions_and_concepts

If you have questions after reading the manual we can usually help. Have fun!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Suddenly lowered volume on seemingly random MIDI channels
Next Topic:

PLG AP ››