mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How can I get 3 CD library motif ES"

Posted on: August 07, 2012 @ 10:26 AM
elisonquimico
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-19-2012

Hi dears! I get my motif es used how can I get the 3 CDs library?
Please help me.

Thanks

Élison

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2012 @ 01:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, there were 3 x CD-ROMs that came with the Motif ES back in 2003. They are described in detail on page 6 of the Motif ES Owner’s Manual.

I would recommend that you only concern yourself with the second one: Sound Library for MOTIF ES6/MOTIF ES7/MOTIF ES8

The other two contain software that it is either badly obsolete (SQ01v2) or are available in updated versions directly from the Yamaha Download site. The “Tools for Modular Synthesis Plug-in System” would only be useful if you own PLG-150 series Plug-in Boards, and those editors are available for free download.  So to spend any time, effort or money tracking down those other 2 CDs would be a complete waste. Do not bother. The

SOUND LIBRARY = Yes
TOOLS for Motif ES = NO (obsolete)
TOOLS for Modular Synthesis Plug-in System = NO (available online)

http://download.yamaha.com

Contact your regional Yamaha distributor (last page of the Owner’s Manual) you may still be able to order the “Sound Library for Motif ES” CD-ROM as a PART.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 12:13 PM
javelin276
Total Posts:  31
Joined  07-30-2016

I have SQ01 because of the four PLG plugin cards I own, I needed editors for the plugin cards.  The most up to date sequencers with editors for these cards are SQ01 and SOL2.  The tricky part is installing SQ01 correctly:

On Windows-7 you have to run the SQ01 INSTALLER with XP SP3 Compatibility and Administrator privileges.  Not the app after it’s loaded, the Setup.exe Installer program.  SOL2 requires the same settings to install correctly too, I have both up and running properly.  I haven’t tried Windows 8 or 10, but my guess is the same fix applies.

You can purchase the CD’s directly from Yamaha from the parts department, for about $10 each shipped from Japan.  Shipping was about $5.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 12:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Anyone looking for the Sound Library CD-ROM contents only:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdu5junoxk6m8sj/MotifEScdrom.zip?dl=0

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2017 @ 04:12 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

javelin276 - 26 July 2017 12:13 PM

I have SQ01 because of the four PLG plugin cards I own, I needed editors for the plugin cards.  The most up to date sequencers with editors for these cards are SQ01 and SOL2.  The tricky part is installing SQ01 correctly:

On Windows-7 you have to run the SQ01 INSTALLER with XP SP3 Compatibility and Administrator privileges.  Not the app after it’s loaded, the Setup.exe Installer program.  SOL2 requires the same settings to install correctly too, I have both up and running properly.  I haven’t tried Windows 8 or 10, but my guess is the same fix applies.

You can purchase the CD’s directly from Yamaha from the parts department, for about $10 each shipped from Japan.  Shipping was about $5.

You don’t need SQ01 to work with plug-in editors. I have installed all latest version of plug-in editors both on 32bit and 64bit Windows 7 without any compatibility settings. They even work fine with plug-in boards mounted in old MU2000 tone generator. I use them in Cubase 8 Pro (still didn’t have time to check with newest Cubase 9 Pro, but I will).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2017 @ 09:43 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The PLG editors will run standalone on Windows machines. You don’t need a DAW whatsoever.

Mac support died with OS9, I actually bought a cheap WinXP laptop just to run the editords when I owned an ES and various PLG cards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2017 @ 09:11 PM
Lumubre
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-28-2017

regards!!
I downloaded the files from the sound library that come in the cd rom, copy them in usb compatible and load the available voices, all right up there, but when I wanted to load my setup through “all” it shows “Disk or card read / write error or illegal file, I have tried with all the backup I have and no load, I can only load the ones that come in the cd rom, restart factory and the problem persists.
thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2019 @ 03:59 PM
JacobZ06
Total Posts:  24
Joined  02-13-2019
5pinDIN - 26 July 2017 12:38 PM

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2019 @ 12:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
JacobZ06 - 15 February 2019 03:59 PM
5pinDIN - 26 July 2017 12:38 PM

Many thanks.

I’m glad that helps, and welcome to the forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Combining 2 songs into one
Next Topic:

Help with Patterns Please ››