mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sustain pedal from Prophet 6 to Motif Rack"

Posted on: January 21, 2018 @ 05:23 AM
SoundBarr
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-21-2018

Hi guys,

Im trying to get my sustain pedal to work with my Prophet 6 synth to the Motif Rack. I really am lost. I have tried all things. It won’t let me sustain notes :(

The pedal is a Roland sustain pedal as well. Does it mean I need to get a new pedal???

Really hope to hear from someone.

Thanks so much,

M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2018 @ 11:05 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
SoundBarr - 21 January 2018 05:23 AM

Hi guys,

Welcome to the forum.

SoundBarr -

Im trying to get my sustain pedal to work with my Prophet 6 synth to the Motif Rack. I really am lost. I have tried all things. It won’t let me sustain notes :(

Sustain is a MIDI controller message, CC#64. If the Prophet is sending that message, then the Motif-Rack should respond to it if the CC Mode is set correctly. See the Motif-Rack Owner’s Manual, page 61, RcvSw / CC, and MIDI / CC Mode, as well as page 69, 157 CC Mode (CC). I also suggest verifying that Control Change messages, especially #64, are being sent (not filtered) by the Prophet.

SoundBarr -

The pedal is a Roland sustain pedal as well. Does it mean I need to get a new pedal???

If the pedal works properly with the Prophet 6, then that isn’t an issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2018 @ 09:55 PM
SoundBarr
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-21-2018

Thank you...I will try this tonight!

[ Ignore ]