mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 9 Elements and MO8 Help Please"

Posted on: October 17, 2017 @ 01:07 AM
eric_dablack1
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-17-2017

HI, I’m new here and I’m wondering about my Cubase 9 Elements So I hope I have this in the right section.....

I have the original mo8 and I downloaded all the drivers on my mac which is running macOS10.12. When i connect it via usb cubase does recognize it. However, how do i control my mo8 through cubase? How do I record using mo8 sounds via instrument track (not audio)? Is that even possible, with elements? I want to use my Mo8 sounds but as Midi. I’ve read the manual and watched youtube videos and I only the only progress I’ve made was recording with my MO but no sounds during playback…

To summarize:
Can I record in cubase 9 elements using MO8 sounds via instrument or midi tracks? Not audio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2017 @ 03:46 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi eric_dablack1,

Welcome to the forums.

I can’t comment on exactly what you need to do in Cubase because I don’t use it, but I may be able to shed some light on a few things you’ve mentioned in your post.

First off, in order to record MIDI data and play back MIDI data for multiple voices from your MO8 with any sequencer or DAW, you’ll need your MO8 to be in a multi timbral mode.  That can either be SONG or PATTERN mode.  A multi timbral mode is one supporting multiple parts or channels.

Secondly, instrument tracks in Cubase are for either built in or plug in based virtual instruments and not external hardware.  Because your MO8 is external hardware, you will need to create MIDI tracks which will be named something similar to that, or perhaps even ‘external MIDI tracks’.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2017 @ 01:45 PM
eric_dablack1
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-17-2017

thanks! I’ll give it a try. Think I’ll also post my question in the Steinberg thread too.

[ Ignore ]