mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF arpeggiating a drum loop in Performance mode keeps retriggerring"

Posted on: April 02, 2017 @ 10:54 AM
seenoevil
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09-07-2003

I’m trying to live-play bass lines, chords and melodies in Performance mode, but the drum arpeggio keeps sounding and retriggering in my new Motif XF. The the performance was imported in from ES into Performance usr bank3.  Every thing is there, 5 correct beats, tempo, and sounds as laid across the 4 Performance parts. BUT, the drum loop keeps retriggering and sounding as notes are hit. On my old ES, I could play on top of part 4 acting like drum machine. I have,looked at manual and carefully examined the parameters and menus, but have not yet found where I can shut-off the sounding and retriggerring of the arpeggio drum loop.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2017 @ 11:34 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’d suggest checking whether Accent Velocity Threshold is on, and if so, at what value. The default is 64, which typically means that it doesn’t take much of a key strike to trigger it.

See (10) Accent Vel Threshold on pages 114-115 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2017 @ 11:58 AM
syntheholics
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-01-2013

Thanks 5pin!  I much appreciate your guru-ness.  Even after delving into the ref-manual, I did not pick that up concerning that parameter, though I did read it…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arp note limit
Next Topic:

Yamaha Arp plugin for DAWS ››