mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Simple MIDI question"

Posted on: March 22, 2017 @ 02:20 PM
gilmour
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-23-2004

I play in a Journey tribute and like to create lush piano sounds by layering different piano sounds together.I have 2 Mo8’S and a es8 rack. For now, I just want to control the top MO 8 from the bottom MO 8 and get up to 8 layered sounds playing the bottom control keyboard. I have been cheating by connecting the 2 boards and selecting the performance that I have made on the bottom and whatever performance that it pulls up via MIDI on the top board, I delete everything and build a new performance and name it. I want to learn how to do it the correct way. I just want to be able to program what performance gets called up on the top, when I call it up on the bottom one. I know this is simple to do, but I have read the manual and cant figure out where it shows how to do it..

I’m player and not a programmer.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2017 @ 03:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Presuming top and bottom MO8s are both in Performance mode, and MIDI-OUT of the bottom one is connected to MIDI-IN of the top one… When you select a Performance on the bottom MO8, the top one will change to the same numbered Performance in the same Bank. In Performance mode there’s no way to change that behavior.

If you want to have the top MO8 change to a different bank/number than you select on the bottom one, that can be done if the bottom MO8 is in Master mode. It will require each of your Performances in the bottom MO8 to be associated with a Master, and that the Masters have Zones set up so that they send the correct Bank Select and Program Change messages to the top MO8.

You could even connect a cable from MID-THRU of the top MO8 to MIDI-IN of the Rack ES, and select what you want to play from that unit as well.

However, I’m not sure you’re going to find it easier to do the necessary programming, at least at first, than it is to program Performances for the top MO8.

Here’s a support article covering MO6/MO8 Master mode:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/understanding_mo_master_mode
We can answer questions if you decide to go that route.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using mo8 as a controller
Next Topic:

Arps ››