mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "controling the motif es rack with my cp4"

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 11:58 AM
henkcori
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-20-2016

how can I set performances with my cp4 to control the motif

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 05:37 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Can you clarify what exactly you mean?

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 06:53 AM
henkcori
Joined  09-20-2016

i’d like my cp4 to be the masterkeyboard so that I can make layers together with my motif.
so I want to make performances together with my cp4
I know how to make a sound on the cp4 but dont know how to control the motif

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 02:58 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

OK. Purchase a MIDI cable if you do not already have one. Connect one end to the MIDI OUT port on the CP4. Connect the other end of the cable to the MIDI IN port on your Motif Rack. I do not know how to use a rack version, but I can tell you how to do it on a keyboard. Hopefully the steps will be similar.

(for a keyboard) After you connect the two, go into Song Mode on the motif. Create a mixing, and select one voice for track one. Set the midi channel for each track to what you need. Then make sure that your CP4 is outputting on whatever MIDI channel you have the track set to.

That is if you want more than one voice coming from the Motif Rack.

Otherwise, for a single voice/performance, just playing the CP4 with the cable connecting it to the Rack should send the midi data to the rack. Just match the midi channels. Make sure that you have the rack connected to a sound system. You can choose whatever you want the rack to play, on the rack.

I hope that this is correct and works for you!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 08:29 AM
henkcori
Joined  09-20-2016

this I already know, but its a little more difficult.
the cp4 works with zone’s.
so far I found out that I have to send Bank MSB with 63 (that’s suposed to be the motif) then the bank (I’m using user 3 with my motif) that’s number 10. then the program number that I want to use. in this case its number 2.
when I do this I see it change on the motif but when I store it as a performance nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 10:30 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
henkcori - 23 October 2016 08:29 AM

[...]when I do this I see it change on the motif but when I store it as a performance nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong.

Presuming you have the Master Keyboard Switch and Zone switch “on” and that Bank MSB/LSB and PgmNo are properly set, as on page 24 of the CP4 Reference Manual…

The procedure for storing a Performance is on page 29 of the CP4 Reference Manual. If that doesn’t work, then you might want to contact Yamaha Support for additional assistance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 01:24 PM
henkcori
Joined  09-20-2016

after 1 hour I finaly got it, and its just like your last coment.
thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 01:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
henkcori - 23 October 2016 01:24 PM

after 1 hour I finaly got it, and its just like your last coment.
thank you

You’re welcome - I’m glad you got it resolved.

[ Ignore ]