mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Fluttering / buzzing noise with sound"

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 08:12 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

Hi Guys I am hearing loud fluttering/Buzzing type of noise with actual tone on upper octave.. Its almost 50% volume with main tone.!!

Example issue :- Motif XF Check the sound PRE 8 D2 sound name ZURNA

In my Motif XF that flutter(buzzing) sound starts after F# 5 note

Hope you have understood me what I mean...!

Is there anyway to reduce that?

This sound also audible in my own sampled sound from other keyboard as well and I have never heard that sound in my old original keyboard from where I have sampled this sound!

Thank you in advance… !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2016 @ 01:30 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The zurna typically has a note range of less than two octaves. The XF uses a shanai sample and allows it to be stretched over many octaves, but that doesn’t mean the sound will be realistic at the extremes.

When I play my XF, I’m not inclined to refer to the Zurna sound as “fluttering/buzzing”. However, it’s hard to know if you’re hearing the same thing, or if there’s something wrong with your XF.

Does what you’re describing occur if you listen with headphones connected to the XF’s PHONES jack?

Can you post a short MP3 recording of the Zurna or other Preset that exhibits what you’re referring to?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2016 @ 03:09 AM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011
5pinDIN - 23 February 2016 01:30 AM

The zurna typically has a note range of less than two octaves. The XF uses a shanai sample and allows it to be stretched over many octaves, but that doesn’t mean the sound will be realistic at the extremes.

When I play my XF, I’m not inclined to refer to the Zurna sound as “fluttering/buzzing”. However, it’s hard to know if you’re hearing the same thing, or if there’s something wrong with your XF.

Does what you’re describing occur if you listen with headphones connected to the XF’s PHONES jack?

Can you post a short MP3 recording of the Zurna or other Preset that exhibits what you’re referring to?

Wow! Wow!  Salute....!!

It is too the point ! Thank you for your prompt reply..

I have connected My Motif XF digitally to RME FIREFACE (via SPDIF OUT).

I am NOT HEARING that fluttering/buzzing sound (of Zuruna or my own sample sound) from Headphone output of MOTIF but I can hear that additional noise (with the original tone) after third octave in headphone output of RME FIREFACE and also on my Dynaudio BM 6A monitor speakers as well which are connected to RME!!!!
On Motif headphone out it sounds clean through all octave without additional this flutter sound !!

So.. now new question.. what has been happening here?!!
Do you still want me to post that sound?
Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2016 @ 03:56 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
kvt - 23 February 2016 03:09 AM

Wow! Wow!  Salute....!!

It is too the point ! Thank you for your prompt reply..

You’re welcome.

kvt -

I have connected My Motif XF digitally to RME FIREFACE (via SPDIF OUT).

I am NOT HEARING that fluttering/buzzing sound (of Zuruna or my own sample sound) from Headphone output of MOTIF but I can hear that additional noise (with the original tone) after third octave in headphone output of RME FIREFACE and also on my Dynaudio BM 6A monitor speakers as well which are connected to RME!!!!
On Motif headphone out it sounds clean through all octave without additional this flutter sound !!

So.. now new question.. what has been happening here?!!
Do you still want me to post that sound?
Thank you

Without hearing the noise, I’ll venture a “guess"…

The XF’s S/PDIF DIGITAL OUT is 16-bit at 44.1kHz. Is it possible that the RME is set for a different sample rate? A mismatch can cause strange results (artifacts), especially at higher frequencies. (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_rate if interested in what happens with aliasing when sample rate is too low.)

If that’s not the problem, posting the sound might help to identify the cause.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2016 @ 06:13 PM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011

MR 5pin DIN… Once again my salute to you! You are simply awesome…
Once again you are absolutely on the point..You have great instincts..

It was exactly clock problem as you said !
Normally my RME is always set on 44.1khz clock as I work on 44.1khz 24bit settings in Nuendo but since last couple of days I am mixing one project which is on 48Khz and that exactly was creating strange additional sound with original tone on higher octave.
To confirm I just changed the sample rate to 44.1Khz on RME and straight away fluttering sound disappeared!!

Hats off to your amazing intuitive mind!!

Thank you very much

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2016 @ 10:14 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re very welcome, and thanks for the kind words.

I’m glad the problem has been resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ problem routing audio to xs internal effets
Next Topic:

WANTED: MOTIF DAW USERS ››