mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Needing an Audio Interface for recording?"

Posted on: January 10, 2011 @ 01:33 PM
Gweltens
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-28-2010

Hi All,

I’m recording with my Yamaha MO-6 in Adobe Audition on my PC.
For now my MO6 is connected to a Behringer mini-mixer and then connected to the line-in port on my PC.

This is probably not the highest quality-option.

Is it usefull to put an audio-interface between my MO6 and my PC instead for higher quality, or is an audio interface only necessary for recording vocals?

Or is there another way to connect my MO6 for audio to my PC for a higher quality?

Grtz Guido

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

In general external audio interfaces will give you better quality than your computer’s line input.

The highest quality would be a USB audio interface that has a SPDIF digital input. You could then record from the MO digitally to your computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2014 @ 09:10 PM
skintner
Total Posts:  37
Joined  09-29-2006

I know this is an antiquated thread but how about some new life for this question.

My ASUS motherboard (64bit) Win7 Pro 32bit sound card doesn’t support digital IN (ADAT)… I have an inline spdif > ADAT converter that works just fine into my Korg D3200 ADAT (2channel) but I want to go digital into Cubase 7.5 on the computer.

I have had a month long nightmare with Creative Zx (with the onboard sound disabled in BIOS)… all the drivers function well in any of my sound apps (Cubase, Sound Forge Pro 11) but NOTHING sees the signal on the Zx ADAT INPUT.  I am waiting for an RMA for the pos.

With the options of either Firewire (which I LOVE for video input) or USB, I would prefer the Firewire if I can get spdif from the MO to the Firewire interface and across the firewire into Cubase.

I cannot afford a $500+ interface of any kind… my budget is hovering around $250 but before I EVER put out the money I need to know the configuration will work and my $$ won’t be wasted.

Bad Mister, do you have any suggestions or recommendations that you have experience with?  (short of buying a Power Mac, that is lol)

Thanks in advance for your help
steve

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase 5 and midi latency
Next Topic:

Recording inside a DAW ››