mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "General recording basics 101 ?"

Posted on: February 10, 2013 @ 04:03 PM
AnnaEadie
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-24-2012

My old Yamaha PSR finally stopped working, I purchased the MM6.  I would like to use it the same way I used my old keyboard. I had a cable going from synth to Peavey audio interface (the most tech word I use) and then from there to computer. I would record/save a song on the keyboard, open Sonar 7 on the PC, arm track, click record and press play on the keyboard. (Audio, not midi.) That used to work great. Now, not so much. The old sound card, software program, need to be updated too? I can import songs I’ve bought on I-tunes into Sonar 7 and rearrange them and they sound fine. Which make me think sound card and software still ok. Most of this is WAY over my head. But I do enjoy it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’d like to record original music on pc and make CD’s and/or upload to my website. Recording vocals will be an even bigger project. The recording never sounds the same as the vocal. Therefore it needs to be “mixed” ugh! It would be nice if one day we could record music then vocals and be done. Have it sound perfect without the confusing-labor intensive-going to have to pay someone cause it’s over my head, and seems to take forever- “mixing.” Anyway, that’s another monster I’ll tackle someday. Now I’d just like to get the music on a program where the recording saved on the pc, burned to a CD, sounds kind of like how it sounds when being played on the MM6. And if I get to the point where I give up, save my money and go to a recording studio, do I take the keyboard or save the songs to a flash drive and if so....how do you save to flash drive?  thanks so much,
....anna

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2014 @ 01:51 PM
kmart
Total Posts:  87
Joined  09-25-2010

Don’t give up. I have a MM6 also. I record the song and take it to the studio. One day I will learn the easier way but, taking the keyboard to the studio not only gets the job done but can help when you add strings and bass also.

[ Ignore ]