mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating my own arps on Motif classic"

Posted on: March 03, 2013 @ 07:48 PM
polke
Total Posts:  80
Joined  08-28-2002

I own a Motif Classic and want to play guitar-chords-picking in 3/4 measure via an arpeggio.
(Song= Theme from the Deerhunter)
- I do not find any 3/4 arp
- I do not know/find the process how to start. I heard from a arpmanager, but this is for ES ?? There is also a very brief explanation in the manual (page 56): Song Jobfunction to convert the data to arpeggio data (four tracks- one track at a time) ???? This is a really short explanation.
Is it better to do this on a Motif XS ?
Is this compatible with my old Motif Classic or ES ?

There is a lot of publicity at each release about the ARP-possibilities(More than thousand arps !!!), but if I want to create such a simple thing it falls into a deep mystery.

Thanks for your help.
Paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 01:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Arps are not a simple thing. As you have already discovered. The first step is to respect the complexity, if you start by thinking it is a simple thing, you will be surprised (and probably not pleasantly).
:-)

Sorry, I don’t know the theme you are talking about, and unfortunately the Motif Classic is now out of my reach. But as I recall all arps were 4/4 time in the original Motif, so I you wanted to create a 3/4 time arp you might need to create twelves measures of 4/4, so that when you set the Time Signature to 3/4, you will have 16 measures of 3/4 time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 06:36 AM
polke
Total Posts:  80
Joined  08-28-2002

Thanks for your fast reply.
I understood that it is possible on the Motif Classic and that I have to create it myself.
But how and where ? In Song ? and to transfer a track with JobSong ?

Is this the same problem on XS ?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]