mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USER ARPS TRANSFER FROM XS TO S90 XS"

Posted on: August 23, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Forgive me for posting this ‘here’ instead of SNinety. That sites seems ‘dead’ from spam,but on with it.

As I understand it, in order to get User Arps into the S90 XS I must first have them in a Motif XS. It would be silly to buy a Motif XS soley for the transfer of Arps, but I am on the market for an XS to work with my S90 XS for perfomance and recording.

Two questions....
How ‘would’ I go about transfering the Arps from the Motif XS to the S90 XS?

What other data can be, or would have to be transfered from the XS to the S90 XS?

I would also like to get a better handle on the distinctions between the two. Okay....3 questions.
Thanks in advance.
-E-

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
TheDukester - 23 August 2012 12:27 PM

Forgive me for posting this ‘here’ instead of SNinety. That sites seems ‘dead’…

There’s a new forum section available now for the S90-series keyboards at Motifator.com.

S90: All Models

Sorry, I don’t have any knowledge about the S90-series, so could not make any comment on your actual question :-(.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Yeah, deader than a doornail. I’ve been reading past posts there for something to do, for quite a while now. Admin posted a link here earlier to s90archives. You’ll see it if you click on past 24 hrs.

Arps load from the XS to S90Xs as an XOG file. Do you currently have the arps in another format? Say like from your ES? Or are you needing to build new ones?

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2012 @ 08:51 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The S90XS/S70XS can read Motif XS files.*

* the disclaimer is that quite naturally data that the S90 XS and S70 XS cannot use is simply ignored. For example, the S90 XS and 70 XS do not have the ability to load or use USER SAMPLES, nor do they have a SONG / PATTERN SEQUENCER - so that data is simply ignored.

But they can load the ALL data file (X0A), the ALL VOICE file (.X0V), they can load the ALL ARPEGGIO file (.X0G), they can load the EDITOR file (.X0E) of the Motif XS.

You don’t need to have a Motif XS to load the Motif XS data. What you cannot do with the S90 XS/S70 XS is create your own arpeggios from scratch - the reason? the S90 XS/S70 XS do not have the SONG/PATTERN SEQUENCER - which is used to create and convert MIDI event data into arpeggios.

Creating arpeggios is a function of sequencing.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2012 @ 10:38 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003
Bad_Mister - 24 August 2012 08:51 AM

The S90XS/S70XS can read Motif XS files.*

* the disclaimer is that quite naturally data that the S90 XS and S70 XS cannot use is simply ignored. For example, the S90 XS and 70 XS do not have the ability to load or use USER SAMPLES, nor do they have a SONG / PATTERN SEQUENCER - so that data is simply ignored.

Understood. Makes sense and consistant.

But they can load the ALL data file (X0A), the ALL VOICE file (.X0V), they can load the ALL ARPEGGIO file (.X0G), they can load the EDITOR file (.X0E) of the Motif XS.

You don’t need to have a Motif XS to load the Motif XS data. What you cannot do with the S90 XS/S70 XS is create your own arpeggios from scratch - the reason? the S90 XS/S70 XS do not have the SONG/PATTERN SEQUENCER - which is used to create and convert MIDI event data into arpeggios.

AHH!!! The ‘rub’. I would need the XS to ‘create’ the data,yes? If not, is there a ‘back door’? Say, a way to ‘Edit’ the Arpeggios in my computer and then Load them onto the Flash Drive and Store them in the All File?

I could use the XS anyway for ‘Live’ and for recording and will continue my quest for one, but I am curious to know if there is a way to ‘alter’ Arps in the meantime.

Thanks for your response, Bad 1.
TBxR!!!! Heard there was a fantastic ‘Bronx gathering’ a couple of weeks ago.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2012 @ 09:54 AM
Hover
Total Posts:  260
Joined  10-02-2003
Bad_Mister - 24 August 2012 08:51 AM

The S90XS/S70XS can read Motif XS files.

When I upgraded from a motif es8 to an S90XS I knew that I could not create user arps on the S90XS but that I could load user arps from a motif XS.

But a motif XS has the same synth architecture and sounds (waveforms) as the S90XS (minus the user samples). I would be more interested in the motif XF because it has new waveforms and, of course the flash memory board expansion, and ... it looks much better. The black color would look nice with the black finish of my S90XS.

Can I create user arps on a motif XF and load these in my S90XS? I know the XF can import many file types of previous motifs but can it also export to file types for older motifs (and S90XSs)?

Luc

[ Ignore ]  

Next Topic:

S90 Forum Archives ››