mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Save edit to AN user voice on an ES"

Posted on: February 01, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

I want to save an edit on an individual user voice in my ES made from the AN editor. I call up a user voice, and in this case I increase the LFO speed on the AN Editor for the modulation wheel. The edit takes affect in my ES on the user voice (the voice on the editor is not the same as the user voice on my ES however the ES voice responds to any edits I make from the AN Editor) however, when I store the edited user voice on the ES it doesn’t take. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2012 @ 02:52 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Just to clarify, I take a voice from bank 036/000 or 036/001 and store it to PLG2USER and make my edits using the ES (effects, cntrl set etc) and store those edits and save to an All Voice file. However if I want to make an Edit using the AN Editor, when I try to store the edited voice to the PLG2USER location the edit from the the Editor takes effect but does not get saved. I know I am missing a step so my edits from the Editor can be stored onto the PLG2USER voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 06:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/PLG150AN_Motif.pdf

If you are editing with the AN EXPERT EDITOR then the User bank is 036/002.
If you use an AN Board Voice from the Board Voice preset banks 036/000 or 036/001 as a starting point these are the Board Voice Preset banks you must STORE the Board Voice to a User location in the Editor 036/002. these are Voices made entirely on the PLG150-AN

When you go to create a Motif ES Plug-in Voice, your AN BOARD Voice becomes the ELEMENT for the ES VOICE. Your STORE this in the AN EXPERT EDITOR to the USER bank… that is the 036/002.

The ES VOICE (called a PLUG-IN VOICE) PLG2USER combines Motif ES controllers and effects but uses the AN 036/002 VOICE as its ELEMENT
Press [EDIT]
Press numbered button [1] to view ELEMENT parameters
Press [F1] OSC
Press [SF1] WAVE
Here is where the Motif ES Voice points to the custom AN BOARD VOICES as a single ELEMENT

You must STORE the ES VOICE in a separate operation. Bank 036/002 is volatile just like a RAM sample would be. This means the bank will disappear when you power down. The Board Voices in 036/002 return to so called “placeholder” data once power is lost and very much like a RAM sample must be reloaded at each power up

You must backup your Board Voice (AN EXPERT EDITOR) in a .w2b BULK file - you can name this file so that it automatically loads on power up thus restoring you AN custom Voice data.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 08:56 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Yes, thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2012 @ 02:54 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Is there a way to transfer multiple voices at the same time from 36/002 to PLGUSER instead of storing one at a time?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2012 @ 06:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No, there is not - and here is why.

The 036/002 bank is a bank contained wholly on the PLG150-AN. And is very much like having a list of individual waveforms - raw material from which you can build a VOICE.

The PLG2USR bank is a bank that contains Motif ES parameters (everything from a NAME, to controllers assignmentss, ES effects, etc. - Each Motif ES VOICES in the PLG2USR bank points to a different AN Board Voice as its ELEMENT. Instead of pointing to a ROM sample WAVE like the PRESET 1 bank Voices do, PLG2USR Voices point to a 036/002 RAM WAVE- one you created in the AN EXPERT EDITOR.

Each must be made into an ES VOICE individually. You could no more have it do a whole bank at a time than you could with a sample based Voice. Each VOICE must be made separately. Say you had 128 separate Samples - there is no command to make 128 individual VOICES from them - you’d have to do each one, and that is really how you want it, each is different., after all.

Make sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2012 @ 01:39 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Yep, makes sense. Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2012 @ 01:49 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

But ... how about AUTOLOAD?

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

I was referring to a bulk dump from 36/002 directly to PLGUSER. Autoload can only load those 2 banks as individual independent banks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ YAMAHA PLG150-VL in motif xf
Next Topic:

PLG150-VL in Motif Rack with Logic on OSX ››