mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Draw Control Organ sound looses all its qualily while sequencing from Motif 6 to Sonar 6"

Posted on: September 19, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
wayside56
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-19-2011

In voice mode the Draw Organ organ sounds great. When in song mode sequencing to sonar 6 Professional, I assume that all the effects are not mapped. Can anyone tell me how to keep the same sound quality.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2011 @ 12:36 PM
selbalicious
Total Posts:  207
Joined  09-30-2011

My guess is that in Song mode, for some reason, you don’t have the Insert effect turned ON (checkbox CHECKED) within the Mixing module.  Therefore, the organ patch is not using its full “quality” as you put it.  When in Song mode, hit the Mixing button and look for the track the organ is on and make sure the Insert checkbox is CHECKED.

Once its checked, if you STILL don’t get the “quality” you’re after, then the track may not have mapped the correct Insert effect for the organ (or it may have been switched to something else, or you might somehow be using a “mixing voice” wherein the Insert effect is different, etc.).  This will require a trip to the manual (since I don’t recall the steps from memory).  In this particular case, you would need to either wipe the track and select the organ patch again (and hopefully it would “carry over” its correct Insert effect) OR you need to go into Voice Edit within the Mixing and reset the Insert effect to the organ to be the correct one.

Hope that helps!

Kevin B. Selby
http://kevinselby.com <-- Peaceful Music
http://facebook.com/BajaDunes <-- Live Performance

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Synchronizing text with a Motif XS
Next Topic:

Sonar X1 & Motif XF - How? ››