mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS8 with Reason 5 midi controller"

Posted on: October 08, 2011 @ 03:45 PM
hoop454
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-08-2011

I can’t get Reason 5 to recognize the XS8 to use as a midi controller.  I noticed in the manual for the board that Reason is not listed as a program.  Is there an update/upgrade I can get so that it can be recognized?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2011 @ 04:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

You don’t mention whether or not you connect your Motif XS to your computer via USB-MIDI or Firewire.

If you are using USB, then all you need is the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver for your particular computer. And although the Motif XS does not have a specific (parameter-by-parameter) control template for REASON, that does not mean you cannot use it as a controller.

You don’t mention what type of computer you are using but you can go to the official Yamaha Motif XS download page and get the appropriate Driver for your computer

Official Motif XS download page

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2011 @ 04:48 PM
hoop454
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-08-2011

I’m using MIDI into E-MU 2x2 then USB into a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard.  I have the capability of running it through Firewire as well.  Does my board have to set on something special in the utility:control:MIDI page?  Logic recognizes it immediately so I know it’s connected correctly. 

Thanks so much for you help!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2011 @ 03:38 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m using MIDI into E-MU 2x2 then USB into a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard.  I have the capability of running it through Firewire as well.  Does my board have to set on something special in the utility:control:MIDI page?

Yes, it does. Whatever connector you have connected on the back panel determines the setting
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF2] MIDI
Set the MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI

You are using 5-pin MIDI cables to connect to the Motif XS, so you would set it to “MIDI”.

[ Ignore ]