mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Where are PLG150-AN sounds stored?"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: June 01, 2011 @ 03:13 PM
SCHMUGG
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-01-2011

I recently erased all the preset voices on my Motif 6 (PLG150-an.
While trying to save (1) voice i had altered i erased the entire bank…
How do i get these voices back?

Autoload?
DL from web and load Smart Media?
Ar they still there?
Factory Reset option?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2011 @ 05:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You cannot erase or lose any PRESET sounds. They are permanent. Now while you may have misplaced how to get to a specific bank, you did not lose your presets.

There are PRESET Board VOICES which are permanently found on the PLG150-AN at banks
036/000 - bank of 128
036/001 - bank of 128

There is a USER Board VOICE bank which is always volatile, which means the Voices you load here from the AN EXPERT EDITOR (or from a bulk file) must be restored each time you power up. If you do not they return to a default set of place holder VOICES
036/002 - bank of 128

There are 64 PRESET PLUG-IN VOICES (PLGPRE1) which are permanently a part of your host product. If you are using the PLG150-AN in a Motif, it will load these VOICES from its FLASH ROM to the SLOT in which your PLG150-AN board is located. When you power on the Motif, you will see it searching the slots to determine which Preset Plug-in Voices to make available to which slot.

There are 64 USER PLUG-IN VOICES (PLGxUSR where ‘x’ is the slot number). These are 64 locations for you to store your own custom variations of PLUG-IN VOICES. These get SAVED in a file when you save an ALL or ALL VOICE data file if you have a Motif, (Motif ES, S90, S90 ES or older keyboard product. If you own a Motif Rack or Rack ES you would need to store the data in a bulk file).

In VOICE mode
Determine which slot your PLG board is located - [PLG1], [PLG2] or [PLG3]
Press that BANK button
Call up a VOICE on the PLG150-AN
Press [F2] BANK
Here you can navigate the various banks using the DATA WHEEL.
PLG1USR
PLGPRE1
036/000
036/002
etc.

The other number banks arrange the 256 Preset Board Voices according to XG protocol.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2011 @ 06:02 PM
SCHMUGG
Joined  06-01-2011

AWESOME!!! Well I didn’t lose the sounds, that’s great!!

The truth is I’m having trouble with a variety of things here and doing my best to understand what i can of this machine.

Using Motif 6 with Mac OSX? Possible?
Can I shape and save voice editing on the Mac through editor?
Patches available anywhere? sale/free?

Could I ask you a few more Q’s or just start a Forum for each question?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2011 @ 09:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Using Motif 6 with Mac OSX? Possible?

Forgive me, I went to go look this up as memory does not always keep all the details… The MOTIF 6 (2001) predates OSX and I never recall seeing the Motif Editor on a Mac - but I had to check. I was correct. As best I can recall, there never was a solution for the Motif EDITOR and Macinstosh. (10 years ago)

Can I shape and save voice editing on the Mac through editor?

There was not an editor but perhaps you can SAVE and LOAD with a GENERIC TOTAL RECALL COMPONENT. Although not an editor at all, it does allow you to work with your MOTIF data via BULK System Exclusive files.

Patches available anywhere? sale/free?

Click on the “SHOP” link at the top of the page

Could I ask you a few more Q’s or just start a Forum for each question?

in general try and hold a thread for as long as you can - if you create your own thread ask the questions that you have - most people are polite and will stay on the topic (others have an agenda or just don’t realize that they just because you are allowed to speak their mind, staying on topic helps everyone, especially the original poster).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2011 @ 10:20 PM
SCHMUGG
Joined  06-01-2011

Problems:
(1)
In VOICE mode if I push the PLG1 button where the 64 preset voices should be (PLG150-AN) there is nothing but the A-4 voice I was trying to originally store, in-turn deleting everything else in the PLG1 slot.?.? Not sure where to look for the deleted sounds, I know they’re still in there, just not in PLG1.:[
(2)
[[MPC & Motif]] (midi)
In SONG / MIXING / VOICE (to assign voices to my 16 midi tracks)
Bank LSB/MSB shows Usr(User), my edited voices are not sounding corrected?
If playing USER Voice A-1, Edit it, Store to User, then try to pull the sound up in programming sequences, the sound falls back to the original motif standard? And when I go back to VOICE-USER-A-1 it sounds the way I changed it.?. weird.
(3)
How can I Copy the voices I’ve made in the USER bank over to the PLG1 User Bank (which is empty)

Thank you very much!!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150-DX: Wanted
Next Topic:

Looking for a PLG150PF for my Classic Motif ››