mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "wanted: dx7 files (but not in sysex format …)"

Posted on: May 03, 2011 @ 06:55 PM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there,

I own the DX plugin board and would like to import DX7 sounds into the board. So far, I only found sysex files… I’m having seriuos trouble with sending this kind of data to my ES/plg board (can’t get the usb/midi connector up and running). Is there anyone out there who has ‘translated’ the DX7 data into files that can be loaded to the Motif with an usb device? (as with the ‘noseblead’ file)(I assume that the PLG board can’t handle a sysex file...)

Any help would be nice!! thanks in advance.

Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2011 @ 04:34 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

From a previous post in the archives.............................

You should be able to load the .syx files directly to the PLG150-DX. I can recommend MIDI-OX.

http://www.midiox.com

-Under the “View” menu select SYSEX.
-A box will open. Click on COMMAND WINDOW in the toolbar.
-"LOAD FILE...” to load your .syx file to the Command Window
-Again click on the COMMAND WINDOW and select SEND SYSEX…

That should send the file successfully to the PLG150-DX.

Things to know on the PLG150-DX.
-You need to be in VOICE mode.
-The data arrives at BANK 035/000. From the main Voice screen press the F2 BANK button to select PLG150-DX Banks, use the data wheel to select banks
-In UTILITY/ F6 PLUG/ SF_ NATIVEx (where x identifies the slot of your PLG150-DX). This is where you can target either locations 1-32 or locations 33-64 of the 035/000 bank. This is due to the legacy of DX7. Back in 1983, 32 sounds was the normal amount of presets you would get in a synth...actually presets were still a “new” thing!!!!
-You can also select a velocity curve for the PLG150-DX - you can set it to DX7 so that the velocity sent from your keyboard will be interpreted like the original DX7.
-Once you dump the first 32 sounds return to the F1 PLAY screen and press a program button to update/recall the Voice. Go to UTILITY and switch to 33-64 and send another set of 32 sounds.
-You can back these up to SmartMedia card in a “PluginAllBulkx” type file (where ‘x’ is the slot containing your PLG150-DX)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG (DX) board in pattern/song mode
Next Topic:

Need CD-contents (midi files) for PLG150-AP ››