mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF-6 INSTALLED PLG-100 XG BUT NO VOICES"

Posted on: April 04, 2011 @ 03:37 PM
Itchybrother
Total Posts:  44
Joined  05-10-2009

Hello, I am not to hip on this SO HERE GOES.
-Bought a Motif-6 used and then,
-Bought a plugin from Sweetwater(bad support) because I wanted more poly.
-Installed the board (that was the easy part).
-Lost the XG Works CD (dog ate it I’ll get another one somewhere)
-Green light is a go on slot #3 (so it’s installed correctly).
-Question: How the heck do I bring up the voices/Performances off this board?
-I have downloaded the manual but it’s taking way to much time to try and bring these voices/performances up. I have emty banks A-D when in the plugin category.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2011 @ 04:15 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Download this document which explains how to use this board.

“The PLG100-XG is a 16-part multitimbral synthesizer on a board. Sounds are accessed via a Song or Pattern mode mix, as Parts 17-32 when used in the Motif 6/7/8 synthesizers. Because it is multi-timbral the board must be installed in a specific expansion slot within the Motif, slot #3. And it can only be accessed via SONG or PATTERN mode (never Voice mode). The PLG100-XG board is unique and behaves differently than the other PLG series boards that are available for use with the Motif.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
Itchybrother
Total Posts:  44
Joined  05-10-2009

Hey guy thanks a million, sounds like i have my hands full.
I read the article and messed around a little with that knowlege for quite sometime now, waisted time that is. I totaly got talked into this product by the Sweetwater dude simply because of the xtra-poliphony. He screwed me back and forth for a month and then they sent me a CubaseAI4 (VIA Yamaha) to quiet things down because I didn’t have W/95-98 to load it in, so then I just told them to get BENT and I ate it.
I know I jumped the gun but anyhow what i really need are downloadable voices and performances without the hassel of creating them and I know a little about that from this sites product links. I have no problem with parameters, controllers tweeking etc.
I don’t have the rest of my life trying to figure this stuff out, I get impatient big time, i want to go! bing bang boop done lets jam thats all.
This stuff takes years to master.
Hey I saw all the views and thank you very much for being the first to reply, really.
I would have done the same thing if I knew.

By the way The Itchybrother screen name thing is a band I was in 40 years ago we did Allman brothers, Doobie brothers, and of course Itchybrothers! I use the b-3 w/2-122 leslies, a Lawrence Audio Piano, mini-moog (my baby)and a frigg’n buss to move it in.
I wish I had it today though, the money there getn for that stuff!!!
I guess I’m just a leftover 70’s hero! (User G-15) Rite? LOL!
Thanks again, Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2011 @ 01:08 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you’re just looking for different sounds beyond the factory presets, take a look at the voice libraries in the Motifator shop.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Wanted:Yamaha PLG-150DR PLUG IN CARD
Next Topic:

PLG150AP cd rom contents ››