mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording inside a DAW"

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 07:11 PM
shorterboybaldonboy
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-07-2011

How can I take what I’ve recorded in the Motif XS and dump it all in pro tools 8 at the same time (instead of recording each individual track one at a time)? Is there a certain piece of equipment I need to do this, and if so could someone explain to me how to do it?

Man thanx! or Woman!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2011 @ 05:09 AM
NLAlston
Total Posts:  1039
Joined  02-10-2004

The MLan16e2 expansion board is what I had to achieve the same purpose, when I had my XS.  I, personally, was never able to get it to work for me, but so many others have found success with it.  So, maybe the problem as with MY lack of understanding - or implementing something...lol.

At any rate, I have heard that the above mentioned expansion board has been discontinued, but seem to remember hearing that the FW16e board (for the XF line) can also be utilized in the XS.  I will certainly be trying that option again, and wish you luck with your aims.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2011 @ 05:41 PM
shorterboybaldonboy
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-07-2011

Thanx for the shot of info. I’ll look into learning more about the FW16e board. Maybe I’ll be able to find it useful.

Thanx again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2011 @ 05:47 PM
NLAlston
Joined  02-10-2004

You are quite welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2011 @ 01:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You will not be able to use the mLAN16E2 and its 16 simultaneous audio bus outputs with Pro Tools 8.

It took until the ninth version of Pro Tools for it to finally be able to use an ASIO driver… What this means is that with Pro Tool 9, you can now use any audio interface you desire with Pro Tools software. Previous to version 9, you had to use a DigiDesign audio interface (or MAudio). The big announcement about Pro Tool 9 means that you can finally connect the audio device of your choice to Pro Tools…

The Motif XS uses a driver that handles both MIDI and audio via a single Firewire connection between your synth and computer. If you only have Pro Tools 8 do not even bother with attempting to transfer audio via firewire.

You would have to have version 9 if you want to use Pro Tools.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2011 @ 12:23 AM
NLAlston
Joined  02-10-2004
shorterboybaldonboy - 13 January 2011 07:11 PM

Sorry about the misinformation I imparted to you.  I hadn’t even paid any attention to your DAW and, quite honestly, know knowing about Pro Tools anyway.  But I am glad that Bad_Mister gave you what you needed to know.

Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Needing an Audio Interface for recording?
Next Topic:

NEW Neo-Soul Instructional DVD ››