mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moftif XS effects in realtime"

Posted on: January 15, 2010 @ 10:26 PM
dglux
Total Posts:  7
Joined  12-31-2009

Hi

Can I use the motif XS effects as a plug-in into digital performer without recording the effect?

Am thinking of using the effects on my motif XS6 in real time because its sounds better to me than some of the effects that came with digital performer 5.13. Thanks for any help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

I don’t use Digital Performer, so I can’t comment on the specifics of that, but speaking in general terms you would use the XS to apply FX to your monitor mix as follows:

You will need 4 inputs and 4 outputs on your soundcard if you are doing this using analogue connections only. I’ll assume you are not using mLAN (please let me know if you are)

Assuming you use your soundcard ports as follows:

Outputs:
1/2 = Main Mix
3/4 = Spare

Inputs:
1/2 = Recording inputs
3/4 = Spare

- Route the track(s) you want to process with the XS to a spare pair of outputs on your soundcard (ie: 3 & 4).

You could do this using a send/return configuration via an Aux bus or you could do it directly using output assignments in your software.

Using a send/return setup you can control the wet/dry mix from your DAW. Using direct output assignments, you would control the wet/dry mix on the XS.

- Connect these outputs to the XS A/D inputs

- Configure the XS A/D effects however you want, so they process this incoming audio

- Connect the XS main L/R outputs to a spare pair of inputs on your soundcard (ie: inputs 3/4)

- In your DAW, route inputs 3/4 on your soundcard to your main monitor mix on outputs 1/2.

Your main mix will now contain the hardware FX from the XS, but only for those channels you send to the XS for processing.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
dglux
Total Posts:  7
Joined  12-31-2009

Thanks a lot Dreamflight this info was very helpful. If I have anymore question I will post my question here.

Thanks again and much success to you and your family for the new year.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2010 @ 02:29 PM
robert30dcosta
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-24-2010

thanks for sharing.

[ Ignore ]