mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cakewalk Newbie Question"

Posted on: July 07, 2010 @ 10:49 PM
mnoce
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-24-2007

I recently purchased Cakewalk Music Creator to work with my Motif ES.  I have three tracks all outputing an playing on the Motif.  I can not get each track to play a different patch.  When I change one, they all change.  Each track is showing a unique sound, but will still play whatever I last edited.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2010 @ 09:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In order to use the Motif ES with a sequencer (be it the internal sequencer or an external sequencer) you must place it in one of the two SEQUENCER modes:

SONG or PATTERN

These are the modes where the Motif ES is multi-timbral (capable of playing multiple sounds at once) and multi-MIDI Channels (capable of playing each sound on a separate and discreet MIDI channel, 1 through 16).

Press [SONG] or [PATTERN] to enter one of these two modes
Press [MIXING] - the MIXING setup is where you can choose and control the 16 different PARTS… use buttons 1-16 to select a PART.

A close inspection of the front panel will reveal the SEQUENCER modes:

Image Attachments
FrontPanel.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2010 @ 08:44 PM
mnoce
Joined  08-24-2007

I have the Motif set to SONG un the SEQUENCER mode.

The Motif is playing teh sequence, but each track is playign the same patch eventhough I have each track set for a different patch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2010 @ 05:25 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You have to send each track on a different MIDI channel and you have set each PART to receive on a different MIDI channel.

For example, if you have Track 1, set it so it is transmitted from your software on MIDI Channel 1.

In the Motif ES when you call up a blank SONG location automatically PART 1 is set to receive on MIDI channel 1.

Next set your second Track in your software to transmit on MIDI channel 2.

In the Motif ES PART 2 is automatically set to receive on MIDI channel 2.

And so on.

You can verify the receive channels in the Motif ES as follows:
Press [SONG]
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select button [1] to view PART 1 parameters
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] MODE
Here you will see the RCV CH (Receive Channel)

You can check PART 2 by simply pressing [2], check PART 3 by simply pressing [3]

For how to set the MIDI transmit channel in your software please check the documentation of your software. Sorry but I’ve never heard of the particular software you mention…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2010 @ 06:54 PM
mnoce
Joined  08-24-2007

That did it, thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS8 as MIDI Controller for Sonar
Next Topic:

MO6 Remote Mackie/ACT Control ››