mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Which DIMM memory works with the motif?"

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 08:29 AM
nowicki222
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-12-2009

I want to buy DIMM memory for my motif xs6 but in the manual it says that not all DIMM’s work with it. Is there like a lit of the ones which work or something? How can I know?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 11:10 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

You “might” find some “cheaper” in price,but I would suggest that you look in the “Shop"/MotifMart here on the site. Their DIMMs are sure to work in your XS.
Just a thought......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2010 @ 05:39 AM
jhanalexlhc
Total Posts:  5
Joined  11-11-2009

Hello,

I have the XS8 and the manual doesn’t say much at all on more technical details that is obviously needed.

Anyways, I just bought a pair of Mushkin 512 MB SDRAM for about $28 CAD each.  More details about the memory itself are on it’s manufacturer’s website… http://mushkin.com/Memory/Essentials/990703.aspx

I actually found out about this on an email from Yamaha tech support pointing me to this page since I live in Canada… http://www.canadaram.com/sampler.htm
They actually have a section for music machines.  It is under Motif ES by the way, uses the same memory along with other yamaha products as well as it’s competitors.

I’m happy to say that it works!  I’ve actually installed it two hours ago and it seems to be working.

It may have worked for me, I was willing to take the risk, so thankfully it went well.  If you want something that is guaranteed to work, then the one on this website should be your best choice since they are guaranteeing that it does.  I only bought mine because the store was walking distance from my house.  I didn’t want to wait.

There is a more expensive alternative though… The first one I found before Mushkin was from Kingston and theirs is double the price.  Just saying…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Lost My Patterns & Songs
Next Topic:

I can’t delete numerous NEWDIR’s ››