mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to save my song voices"

Posted on: January 30, 2010 @ 10:25 PM
dglux
Total Posts:  7
Joined  12-31-2009

Hi, I use my motif XS as a tone generator for Digital Performer, meaning I do all my sequencing in digital performer and use the motif voices in song mode to generate my sound. I am trying to save each song individually with all my voice with no midi sequence data on the motif XS. I am having some problems accomplishing this.

In the past I use to go to the next song but I have use all 64 songs and need to start saving my info to USB.

Thanks for any Help on this topic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2010 @ 09:29 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

With a USB storage device connected, enter File mode, select ‘save’ and specify a filetype of ‘ALL’. This will save everything on the XS, songs, voices, performances, settings. Everything.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2010 @ 09:27 AM
dglux
Total Posts:  7
Joined  12-31-2009

Can’t I just save one song at a time, voices only no midi info or do I have to save all just to have the voices of one specific song saved? Please be patient I’m trying to understand the motif’s logic. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2010 @ 02:40 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you are sequencing in Digital Performer, we recommend that you use the STUDIO MANAGER and the Motif XS Editor - it can save the Current Mixing Setup and any custom Voices you use - simply keep the Studio Manager file in the same folder with your Digitial Performer file.

Studio Manager is a host application for the Motif XS Editor and can run along side Digital Performer. It will keep track of what Voices you use and you simply create one file for each Song. When you next open your Digital Performer project, simply open the Studio Manager file and send the MIX and VOICE data back to the Motif XS. As the data is stored as BULK data, you can load it into any SONG or any PATTERN location - without writing the data permanently into the Motif XS. So you have unlimited storage.

You can download everything you need at

Yamaha Studio Manager

Motif XS Editor

[ Ignore ]