mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-VL Question"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 02:35 PM
OneWatt
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-07-2005

I did ... yet still struggling. I think one possibility is that within Sonar my instrument definition/assignments are all messed up.

So I just purchased John Melas’ Motif Rack ES Tools software suite and (boy am I a late-bloomer ... I’ve had my Rack for years and never knew about this awesome software!) now will see if I can straighten out my voice/patch assignments first.

Slogging onward :-)

Thanks - OneWatt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 07:33 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

So I just purchased John Melas’ Motif Rack ES Tools software suite and (boy am I a late-bloomer ... I’ve had my Rack for years and never knew about this awesome software!) now will see if I can straighten out my voice/patch assignments first.

OneWatt,

You are right about John Melas’ software. I have version for Motif ES and its a very nice management tool. Especially for a simple way of creating powerful performances and possibility for storing them as a separate files on computer.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 01:16 PM
OneWatt
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-07-2005

Well, well, that raises an interesting observation ...

I’ve got multiple Yamaha Motif USB 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, ... OUTPUT Midi ports I can select (which I’ve done), but there’s only a SINGLE Yamaha Motif USB 0-1 Midi INPUT shown!

Perhaps there’s something in my setup that I need to reconfigure but I don’t have multiple INs & OUTs showing for all of these many virtual USB Motif ports.

Might that be my problem, or is having a single Motif Midi IN (0-1) port normal?

- OneWatt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 05:48 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Perhaps there’s something in my setup that I need to reconfigure but I don’t have multiple INs & OUTs showing for all of these many virtual USB Motif ports.

OneWatt,

I think that finally you have pointed to the sollution for your problem. Since you could not see all INs and OUTs, you should go
to the “YAMAHA USB-MIDI Driver” dialog:
Windows XP
From the [Start] menu, select [Control Panels] → [MIDI-USB Driver].
Mac OS X
From the Apple menu, select [System Preferences] → [YAMAHA USB-MIDI].

There you will see all ports and with a mouse click you could activate what you are need (see attached pic).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG-VH
Next Topic:

vocal harmony board ››