mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha Motif ES and Yamaha AIEB2"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 31, 2022 @ 11:21 AM
Motif ES6
Total Posts:  91
Joined  08-31-2022

Yamaha Motif ES and Yamaha AIEB2
There is an idea to buy AIEB2 for a key. Is it necessary to buy in 2022?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2022 @ 11:11 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

Well, do you really have a need for it?

The AIEB2 adds digital I/O and extra analog outputs. It is no longer being manufactured, and used ones are typically rather pricey. You have to make sure that the original ribbon cable is included, or you won’t be able to install it.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2022 @ 11:17 AM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

Henry, thanks again for your reply!
I don’t know the Aieb 2 board, I think how it can be useful to me and what it does that Motif Es doesn’t have without it now. And having a computer nearby.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2022 @ 01:45 PM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

The AIEB2 is not a computer interface, like the mLAN16E, but instead provides three extra pairs of analogue audio output jacks, as well as optical and coaxial digital audio inputs/outputs.

The Motif ES doesn’t have digital I/O on its own, so the AIEB2 allows it to e.g. sample from a digital source, or output your music to a digital recorder.

The additional analogue outputs are Assignable Outputs, just like the one pair already built into the Motif ES. These can be used e.g. to send separate parts/voices from the Motif ES to separate channels on a mixing desk.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2022 @ 09:36 AM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

yamaha-i88x-mlan card
Can i88x + Motif ES be switched on directly WITHOUT a computer?
It is clear that the mlan16e card is installed in Motif Es

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2022 @ 01:44 AM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011
Motif ES6 - 19 September 2022 09:36 AM

Can i88x + Motif ES be switched on directly WITHOUT a computer?

A computer is required, in order to set up and manage the mLAN connection. Some types of setups may work without the computer, others won’t. Read here and here for more info.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 11:50 AM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

Henry thank you!
Nothing about the Yamaha i88X +Yamaha Motif Es =?
More info about Yamaha 01X+Yamaha Motif Es = it works!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 11:51 AM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

Another idea is it possible to install two boards? So that they work at the same time, maybe someone did?
Yamaha Motif Es +mlan16e+Aieb2 =?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 11:53 AM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

Theoretically I see one connector for mlan16e in a Yamaha Motif es, it has one loop connection and a separate connector for Aieb2 and two more wires to it. Maybe it will work, but will it understand the Motif Es?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 02:01 PM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

I can understand your curiousity, but you’re asking for details about something that probably never has been tested. Keep in mind that these devices aren’t consumer electronics: Very few would find the cost for such an experiment reasonable, and even fewer would want to risk their favourite instrument.

Firstly, even if the AIEB2 and mLAN16E use separate internal connectors, the PSU isn’t necessarily dimensioned for the combined load. Secondly, I very much doubt that the firmware on the Motif is designed to handle both expansion boards simultaneously. Maybe I’m wrong, but you probably have to find out for yourself.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 02:13 PM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

I have a chance to buy Mlan16E, the other Aieb2 board is very expensive on the same e-bay.
But there is also a man selling Yamaha i88X for a good price .I’m already trying to put my eyes on the closet from browsing the archive - no information on the Motif Es+Yamaha i88X connector = ? No information .If it connects and works - it will be much cheaper for me than buying the Aieb2 board . Global question - do I need all this in 2022)? But I am very interested.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 02:16 PM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

Thanks Henry for the answers! Looks like we are the only two people on this forum)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 02:28 PM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

You’re asking whether you need this and that, but you haven’t said anything about what you wish to achieve. This seems quite counterintuitive to me. If you need advice on what to buy, clarifying your own requirements would be helpful. ;)

In any case, I would forget about mLAN: The technology has been abandoned for years, and was never developed past Windows XP/Vista. The software was also known to work poorly with certain FireWire chips.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 02:48 PM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

For what exactly I need it, I do not even know yet. There is a habit of seeing things through to the end - if you bought a Motif ES, then slowly complete it with all sorts of expansion cards.
I wonder how it will work Motif on Mlan16e with a laptop (but it still need to find and buy Fire-Wire) I like the board Aieb2 - easy switching and additional outputs. But it all costs a lot of money. As an option to replace the Aieb2 on yamaha i88x - if it connects to the Motif e. Will get more outputs and inputs.
Probably a kind of dabble in our 2022 .Usb 2, Usb3 ports have long been better than ieee1934 .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 02:52 PM
Motif ES6
Joined  08-31-2022

If you know Korg Triton series, the company also got greedy and produced separate expansion boards for them. And then they put absolutely all the expansion boards in Korg Extreme. Maybe I’ll never use mlan16e or Aieb2 if I put them in my synthesizer, but I don’t think that having extra inputs and outputs is a problem and can be useful sometime. For example - outputs for different sequencer tracks, + click to a certain channel for a drummer and other commutation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2022 @ 02:54 PM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011
Motif ES6 - 21 September 2022 02:48 PM

For what exactly I need it, I do not even know yet.

I can see that you want to future-proof your setup, but old technology is rarely a good starting point for that. In my experience, it quickly becomes a waste of money.

Motif ES6 - 21 September 2022 02:52 PM

I don’t think that having extra inputs and outputs is a problem and can be useful sometime. For example - outputs for different sequencer tracks, + click to a certain channel for a drummer and other commutation.

If the stock I/O of the Motif ES is inadequate, an AIEB2 is by far the safest option.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha PLG100 VH for Motif ES
Next Topic:

Yamaha PLG100XG for Motif ES ››