mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Upgrading from XS!"

Posted on: January 08, 2019 @ 11:50 PM
BSR
Total Posts:  221
Joined  08-10-2003

Happy new year to everyone!
You guys have any information if Yamaha will come out at the winter namm show this year, 2019, with a new keyboard, like montage1 or even a different keyboard name?
I whould like to upgrade from motif xs to montage but if they comming out with a new board I will preffer to wait a littlebit!
Thanks, have a blessed evening!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2019 @ 07:26 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

The MODX is all the rage at the moment. It’s very similar to montage but a lot cheaper. You get most of what Montage offers along with Motif sounds compatibility (and DX7 sounds compatibility) all in a lighter case with a few other bells and whistles missing, not that you would really miss them for the most part!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2019 @ 02:25 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
BSR - 08 January 2019 11:50 PM

Happy new year to everyone!
You guys have any information if Yamaha will come out at the winter namm show this year, 2019, with a new keyboard, like montage1 or even a different keyboard name?
I whould like to upgrade from motif xs to montage but if they comming out with a new board I will preffer to wait a littlebit!
Thanks, have a blessed evening!

As you should know by now, Yamaha did announce some CPs.  Which are quite nice btw.  But they are not an upgrade of a Motif XS.  Neither is a Montage or MoDX.

If It were me at this point, I would wait until 2020.  That would be I think the 20th Anniversary of the Motif.  Maybe Yamaha will have an Anniversary Special Edition of the Motif to commemorate the 20th anniversary of one of the most successful synthesizer workstations ever sold.

In either event, Yamaha is basically recommending Cubase to Montage/MoDX users to make the instruments complete, all you need to do is add Cubase to your XS setup (if you haven’t already done so) and add FM synthesizers to you Motif XS via VSTs and Cubase.

IMO

Motif XS + Cubase > Montage + Cubase

that is unless you really have an appetite for the glowing knob and touch screen :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2020 @ 07:47 AM
BSR
Joined  08-10-2003

Any news for 2020 NAMM SHOW??? Will be a replacemen or succesor for Montage? Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2021 @ 05:49 PM
BSR
Joined  08-10-2003

Ahaaa, Yamaha Montage is 6 years old now and no succesor yet!
Korg Kronos is almost 9 years old and neither one has a succesor or replacement! Any news??? Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ â—„ 2019 â–º
Next Topic:

NEW user got a MOXF8 and chose it over the MODX8 ››