mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XF8 MIDI issues with DP8 - how to get keyboard returning MIDI signal (tone) back to DAW"

Posted on: September 07, 2015 @ 11:42 PM
Ironbarkmountains
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-07-2015

Hello all, I am relatively new to the MOTIF XF8 and recording industry in general, so bear with this question if it is relatively easy.

To lay the foundation, my main equipment is: Yamaha MOTIF XF8, DAW software - DP8, Audio Interfacer/Mixer - MOTU 896 hybrid. The purpose of this problem only concerns the MOTIF’s ability to communicate with the computer.

So, to the best of my knowledge I have set the keyboard up correctly. I can record MIDI into DP8 and play the MIDI from the computer back into the keyboard and hear the sounds come out from the keyboard (via headphones).

What I haven’t been able to do is get the MOTIF to return the MIDI signal received from the computer back to the computer. Basically, I want to use the MOTIF as a tone generator for my DAW software and I can’t figure out why I can’t get it to work.

Could someone please show me what I need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

[ Ignore ]