mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Experience comments"

Posted on: May 20, 2013 @ 02:53 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Perhaps this is an unusual request.  I’ve been told by some local studio musicians that I’m missing the boat by NOT using a DAW.  I have the cubase 5&6;AI versions loaded I got with the motif xf and the MX61.  They are Greek to me.  I’ve purchased videos, watched YouTube instructional clips and I just don’t get it. The views confuse me.

What I use is the motif on board mixing, sequencing and effects.  Once I complete a project I do further enhancements in my zoom 16 track dig recorder and eventually mastering.

Also important is tht I’m nowhere near a professional musician.  I’m a retired shrink and lucky at the age of 60 to be playing in a fairly successful cover band in Louisiana.  I do enjoy recording my own material, but again it’s just for my amusement.

Am I missing out on something visionary by not going the DAW route?  While everyone says cubase is simple, I have a block.  Appreciate the direction you may have gone and why.  Thanks. 

If this is more of a lounge question my apologies.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2013 @ 03:15 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you get the results you want from your current setup then you’re doing fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2013 @ 03:25 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Agreed. Do what works for you… Those who use computers and are happy, should do so. It is not that you are missing anything, particularly if your first thought doesn’t include “I’ll do it on my computer"… Why would or should you be made to feel you are missing something. You’re not.

Notice that it is really of very little concern to the listener just how you recorded your music… They only care about the music. The main thing is that you have fun making music and don’t stress… If computer recording does not make sense to you ... Don’t bother with it. And if you are happy with your results, that’s all that matters.

[ Ignore ]