mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FS: Motif XS8 (like new; $1999)"

Posted on: April 12, 2011 @ 04:08 PM
bmt22033
Total Posts:  10
Joined  05-26-2007

After a lot of soul searching, I can finally admit to myself that I’m never going to play this beautiful instrument.  I bought it new from my local Guitar Center with the intention of learning to play (beyond my current basic ability) but sadly, that’s never happened.  Between a full time job, two young kids and everything else associated with being a responsible adult/parent, I’ve come to realize that I’ll never make use of my XS8.

As I said, I’m the original owner.  I purchased it new from my local Guitar Center in Fairfax, VA.  It’s been sitting (covered by an Odyssey stretch cover) in my office since the day I brought it home.  Sadly, I’ve probably only played less than 20 times.  :-( I know everyone says this of used items, but this keyboard truly is pristine.  There are no dents, dings, scratches, dirt, etc.  Every single thing about it is like new.  I still have the original box and all of the paperwork including the Yamaha Motif Loyalty Program items which included:

- an additional one-year warranty
- 64 new voices taken from four of the most popular DCP Voice libraries available on Motifator.com
- a new bank of 128 XS voices and extra Performances created by the Yamaha voicing tea
- a 40% discount coupon on Arturia Virtual Instrument software
- the S700 piano sample set taken from the Yamaha S90ES

I live in the Washington, DC metro area and ideally, I’d like to sell it to someone local so you have the opportunity to see/play it first.  If that doesn’t work out, I might eventually consider shipping it but the costs will no doubt be expensive.  I’ll post some pictures of it this evening but just wanted to get the posting up now before I lose my will to do it.  I’m asking $1999.  Feel free to PM me with any questions or if you’d like to see the keyboard in person.  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]