mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "cubase 5 driver"

Posted on: April 26, 2010 @ 03:40 PM
mikeyboy
Total Posts:  106
Joined  09-14-2007

Just got cubase 5,how do I go about installing the driver? I have windows vista with 4 gig.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2010 @ 08:04 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Cubase 5 can use a USB driver if you are only doing MIDI and of course, it can use an ASIO driver if you are doing audio. You do not state what you are doing.

It is not so much a Cubase 5 driver but a driver for what you want to do with Cubase.

Since you posted in the Motif XS forum, we might assume you need to connect the Motif XS to Cubase 5. In this case you could be using the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver (if you intend to connect via a USB cable)… or you could could be using the Yamaha Steinberg Firewire Driver (if you intend to connect via a firewire cable).

In either case when you download the driver it comes with a complete and comprehensive “Installation Guide” in multiple languages. Check it out for details for installation into a Windows VISTA computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2010 @ 09:15 PM
mikeyboy
Joined  09-14-2007

I have one connection which is firewire from the Mlan out of the back of the XS to usb port on the PC. What do I need to download for a driver? sorry I’m a good pianist but not much of a PC whiz!
Thanks in advance BM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 05:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have one connection which is firewire from the Mlan out of the back of the XS to usb port on the PC. What do I need to download for a driver? sorry I’m a good pianist but not much of a PC whiz!

I hope so, because I can tell you do not have a connection between the firewire port of the XS to a USB port on the PC.

Firewire ports are always labeled and have a specific shaped jack.
USB ports are also always labeled and have quite a different shape jack

But most importantly - you cannot connect one to the other… they speak entirely different languages and cannot be connected to each other. No such cable exists, nor will it ever exist (rare but this is an instance where I feel confident in saying “never")

If you are using FIREWIRE you want to download the “Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver” for your particular computer type.

If you are using USB you want to download the “Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver” for your particular computer type.

You can find the driver at the following website:
http://www.yamahasynth.com/downloads/drivers_software/synthesizers/motif_xs/driver/

Image Attachments
Firewire.jpgUSBimage.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 11:43 AM
mikeyboy
Joined  09-14-2007

oops,its firewire from MLAN out of XS to firewire into PC. Sorry BM. Thanks for your reply

[ Ignore ]