mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Another missing feature"

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 01:35 PM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

The message lists used to show the original poster who started each thread as well as the last person to reply. Is this feature going to be supported in the new version? I always found it useful and informative.

Bob

Here’s another: I just edited a spelling mistake, and you no longer have the option to check or uncheck the “mark post as edited” box :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 03:27 PM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

I have to think an “edited” marking completely superfluous if no one had replied to the posting before it was edited--and superfluous also if no one had replied in such a way as specifically to reference the pre-edited version in contradistinction to the edited version. I don’t know why you’d want to call attention to a spelling error (whether or not it was a typo--which I’d assume it to be if you caught it yourself).

I agree about first and last though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 06:07 PM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

I don’t know why you’d want to call attention to a spelling error (whether or not it was a typo--which I’d assume it to be if you caught it yourself).

Actually I was assuming that the system would default to “mark as edited” as did the old system. It turns out that this system doesn’t do that so I am withdrawing my complaint.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIssing Feature on New Forum
Next Topic:

Modify Feature request ››