mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIssing Feature on New Forum"

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 02:06 PM
hamletmaschine
Total Posts:  996
Joined  02-22-2004

Just wondering whether the old feature that showed how many new people had replied to a thread was coming back (the bracketed number after the total number of replies)? It was a useful way of remembering whence to start reading…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

when you click onto a forum, the blue ball means that you have new posts on that thread, there’s a legend at the bottom of the page.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 08:10 AM
hamletmaschine
Total Posts:  996
Joined  02-22-2004

Apparently, there’s a reply to this thread but I can’t read it.

What’s the point of ‘upgrading’ a site when it doesn’t work as well as it did before? (I note that I have to sign in every time I turn on my computer now, whereas it used to be automatic, and that I’m taken to some meaningless ‘my page’ from which I have to navigate back to the forum.)

Don’t people test new software before it’s publicly released? (And if they do, how can an idiot like me spot the bugs immediately when more professional programmers can’t?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 09:50 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I agree with you, sign in every time I go to Motifator is boring. Also, I have noticed problems because I couldn’t go through site for two days and I thought that maybe my Internet connection is not OK. But, when I tried from my office (another Internet provider), the situation was the same. I made one post yesterday, but it wasn’t saved. Also, if you are on some vacation and have missed some interesting threads, you should search to find them. Of course, if you know what are you looking for. I hope that all this would be solved, since this site gives us a lot of information and possibilities to improved Motif skills.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 01:01 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

There are many standard forum features and tools this site does not utilize compared to other forums and communities. Since this forum is more info and troubleshooting based I dont see the need for alot of the features a more “chatty” or “twitterish” forum would have. This forum needs the basics with advanced search capabilty. Users also need good navigation features, there are many examples of great navigation features in almost any other forum. I have setup and been administator for a handful of forums over the years, and alot of these features or tools you see come standard with whatever template the hosting site offers. This particular site seems to design from scratch, the forum, and I can understand why. But I do think navigation and search are most important.

Here is an example of a forum that has excellent navigation

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cheapest motif prices?
Next Topic:

Another missing feature ››