mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FL Studio and Motif 6"

Posted on: April 09, 2020 @ 04:29 AM
ScottieR
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-09-2020

How do I use sounds from my Motif 6 on FL Studio without using a Audio Interface? I connected my Motif 6 to my computer by usb, I can control FL with my Motif but I can’t hear any sound from the Motif. It might be a problem with how I have MIDI Out set up on FL I’m not sure please help. I am operating on Windows 10

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2020 @ 07:42 PM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

Hi Scottie. I’m not sure it you’re still checking in here but in answer to your question about the Motif and FL studio: the original Motif series only passes MIDI data through USB and won’t pass audio like later Yamaha keys will so you’ll need some sort of audio input device to the computer. These are old keyboards and audio over USB wasn’t implemented back then. You can control a limited number of DAW functions from the Motif but not too many. USB info is on page 25 of the MOTIF manual: “The USB connection can only be used for transfer of MIDI data. No audio data can be transferred via USB”.

[ Ignore ]