mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Updating Firmware on Motif XS-Rack with OSX and Logic?"

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 04:23 PM
ledermanmusic@gmail.com
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-31-2020

I am trying to update the firmware on my rack xs.

I know that all I need to do is send the updater midi file to the rack-xs, but I’m not sure how to do it.

Which is the correct firmware updater file and what is the most recent version?

How do I send the midi file to the rack module through logic? I can import the file into logic, but I don’t see a way to route the track output to the motif.

I am running OSX Mojave 10.14.5. The most current usb/midi driver update says it works for osx 10.5 but I’m not sure if that means I need to upgrade or I’m already too upgraded if that makes sense.

Any help is much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 09:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m not a “Mac guy”, but as far as I know Mojave isn’t referred to as an OSX version, but rather macOS 10.14. OSX 10.5 is several versions older than macOS 10.14. USB-MIDI Driver V1.3.2-2 for Mac at this download site…
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/index.html?c=music_production&k=Motif-Rack+XS
...is compatible with OSX 10.5 up to macOS 10.15, so it covers 10.14.5.

The Rack XS OS updater at the above site is version 1.04, which should be the most recent. What’s installed on your Rack? Installation instructions and other information are in the Readme file that accompanies the OS download.

Sorry - I don’t use Logic and don’t know how to have it send a .MID file. Perhaps another member will know, or that’s a question for a Logic support group.

[ Ignore ]