mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS VST editor question."

Posted on: March 14, 2016 @ 04:43 PM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

When i use Cubase Artist 8.5 template for the XS6 with VST editor, it creates 8 visible stereo audio lanes.  I am assuming, since I don’t have mLan/firewire, I am limited to just the first L/R returns from my Tascam 144 and the rest I can delete and make my own template without them?

Also, in midi port setup under Device Setup, why do I show all kinds (8) of visible OUTPUTS for my connected S90ES? (all inactive) and only 3 for XS6 with only XS6 2 active?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2016 @ 01:48 PM
BeeRad
Joined  10-17-2006

Any answers?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2016 @ 02:02 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
BeeRad - 14 March 2016 04:43 PM

When i use Cubase Artist 8.5 template for the XS6 with VST editor, it creates 8 visible stereo audio lanes.  I am assuming, since I don’t have mLan/firewire, I am limited to just the first L/R returns from my Tascam 144 and the rest I can delete and make my own template without them?

Yes, just delete the extra audio tracks and save as a template. Make sure you have the audio settings properly set in the VST editor, too.

BeeRad - 14 March 2016 04:43 PM

Also, in midi port setup under Device Setup, why do I show all kinds (8) of visible OUTPUTS for my connected S90ES? (all inactive) and only 3 for XS6 with only XS6 2 active?

Not sure why you only see port 2 enabled for the XS. You should enable all 3.

Does an S90ES really have eight MIDI ports?

A screen shot might help…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2016 @ 05:25 PM
BeeRad
Joined  10-17-2006

Thanks Meatball,

There is as huge a learning/understanding curve with Cubase as there is with the XS!  Sometimes I just get a headache trying to teach myself.

I attached a file.....don’t know if it shows up.  Can’t seem to “paste” it on this page.  guess I should do a search and figure that out.  LOL

Image Attachments
screenshot.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2016 @ 04:40 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Your MIDI setup looks correct. The ES class machines have 4 MIDI ports over USB, the XS/XF class have only 3.

The ES used one port for remote control and one for the editor, on the XS/XF those are combined into one port.

I have no idea what the extra 4 output ports on your S90ES are for.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2016 @ 06:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The XS and XF each have four USB MIDI ports. See the attachment, which is from page 57 of the XF Owner’s Manual, although the information is accurate for the XS as well.

The additional ports in the ES are for the PLG boards. If a PLG board is multitimbral, 16 additional MIDI channels are available beyond those for the base tone generator. However, as far as I know, a maximum of three ports can be addressed at any one time.

Image Attachments
XF USB MIDI Ports.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2016 @ 11:20 AM
BeeRad
Joined  10-17-2006

Thanks so much guys!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I need to insert an effect to a single midi track
Next Topic: