mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bruno Mars - Locked out of Heaven sounds?"

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 03:17 PM
kfals
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-01-2013

Newbie here: owner of MM8.  Any suggestions for the synth drum sound in the verse and the crazy siren/buildup in the prechorus? My band is going to cover this and I cant find the right sounds....
And any help with gangnam style intro?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2015 @ 02:32 PM
tap.mckee@gmail.com
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-05-2013

The hooting sound at the beginning and throughout the song can be created using the cuica in many of the drum kits. I created a few octaves of the sound which I can use for other songs too and created a UDR voice named Cuica. You have to edit the voice first and then put it in a performance with the other sounds. I am still looking for a good “siren” sound.

Pull up any of the drum kits in voice (not performance) mode. I used Power Standard Kit 1. Edit the voice and get out of Common. If you hit the F#4, you will see that it is the cuica. You can see that its wave number is 2006. You can make all the notes the cuica by changing the wave number to 2006. You will have to adjust some of the pitches up and down as you move up and down the keys.

Now you have the voice you want in the pitch you want.

Save it as a PDR and you can name it (i.e., Cuica)

For the record, the steady lower note is on D and the hooting at the end is on F.

Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Program Change?
Next Topic:

Upgrade to a MOTIF XS ››