mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Output issues"

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 03:12 PM
KompakeysWM
Total Posts:  10
Joined  02-12-2014

I have owned a yamaha mm6 for the past two years and I use it to play live every sunday morning at my church . I have had no major issues with it until this past month where every single sunday i go to church the sound engineer hooks up the mm6 to the church pa system and theres this static noise is coming out of the system. he said that my L R mono output in the keyboard must have issues internally because any other keyboard he tests through the pa system doesn’t create static noise. Yesterday i decided not to use the keyboard through PA and just use a traditional keyboard amp and it gave no static noise whatsoever and that confused me cuz if the L R mono output was the problem wouldn’t it would react like that no matter where i plug it PA or amp???. So I’m really here to ask is the issue
A) my keyboard outputs
B) the way my sound man is EQuing my keyboard
C) other

and if my keyboard outputs are the problem would it be smart to just upgrade my keyboard or get the outputs repaired??? Any feedback would greatly be appreciated Thank You!!! sorry for the long post by the way lol its just been frustrating trying to figure out whats wrong with my yamaha mm6

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 11:27 PM
KompakeysWM
Joined  02-12-2014

can anyone help me please!!!!! I’m desperate

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 11:49 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
KompakeysWM - 02 February 2015 11:27 PM

can anyone help me please!!!!! I’m desperate

What type of cable(s) are connecting the unit to the mixer? TS or TRS? Is a DI box
being used?  Is anything else connected to the MM6?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2015 @ 02:19 AM
KompakeysWM
Joined  02-12-2014

I’m running TS cables from my mm6 straight to the snake mixer or occasionally through an amp then line out to the system .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2015 @ 02:49 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Anything much over 20’ would appreciate a DI. If you don’t have one and are sure your cords are good, take the unit to the board and plug it in without the snake. Check for any static. It’s also possible you may have contamination on the jack surfaces inside the MM6. Quick in and out cycling of the jack with a plug coated in an electronic spray would help if that’s the case.  If no joy occurs try and check it with another mixer. It’s odd that this is not manifested with your amp. Hence the DI or cabling.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2015 @ 04:24 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Is the “static” present when you don’t play the keys? If so, does the MASTER VOLUME position affect it?

Old, long thread about related problem on Yamaha Forums:
http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2769

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Putting MM6 in Multi Timbral Mode?
Next Topic:

Saving the pencil tool for Editing ››