mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Search - clarified!"

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 02:16 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

As far as I can see there are 3 different search tools on this site. JasonK correct me if im mistaken, but I believe they are as follows

1.) XSpand your world search - “search by keyword” searches articles, news, videos etc ONLY!

2.) Forum search - clicking “advanced search” searches forum 3.0 posts ONLY!

3.) Archive search - this searches archive database ONLY. once youve clicked ARCHIVE then “advanced search” this only searches the old forum database.

The reason I want to make note of this, is because I would say users are not aware that when they search using 1 of the 3 search tools, it is not an all-encompassing search like they might think. We wouldnt want people to not find info that is certainly available to be found.

It is my opinion that search engine 2. & 3. listed above should be merged.

This is an important issue, feedback please.

Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 07:11 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

MoGut,

I will once again take the high road and edit myself on the subject of this website… Never mind what I wrote…

I wish you could delete a post around here, but then there I go again…

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 08:18 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

ALRIGHT!!! I was looking for some “old threads” and typed in the “secret woid” but got no results. Now I know why.

I agree with you “MoGut”, but while the “Keyfax Team” gets it together, I can deal with the extra step.

SpongeBob (formally known a “Newguy")...I just got “Logged In on Logged On to Site”. I’m not going to worry about “deleting” yet.Besides,so far, I haven’t said anything I want to delete....Yet.

Next chance I get I’ll have to “stroll” through the site and see what’s “up” and what’s “not up”.
Later, MoBros.

BTW...where are the “faces”?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Looking for Roland PR-100 to borrow/rent
Next Topic:

Bail outs, bonus money and you. ››